blacked out hatch glass

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MarkMoore

blacked out hatch glass

Post by MarkMoore »

how come it seems like very few people bother w/ tinting glass? i dont know, i think it adds a lot... :shrug:
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
fry_81

Re: blacked out hatch glass

Post by fry_81 »

reduced visibility at night? not sure exactly, but ya it would give it a nice look.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I only tinted my rear hatch. I think 20% tint. Side window tinting really screws with my night visibility, so I didn't put tint on that one.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Depending on where you are there are different regs for tint.

The general one is that any glass starting behind the drivers shoulders can by any tint as long as you have 2 working side mirrors.

In Vancouver, NO tint is allowed on glass that is forward of the drivers shoulders (whole panes)
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

I don't find my tint takes away from visibility, even at night. I find it helps with dimming the cars headlights behind me while driving at night.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

I personally don't like tinting very much. Only on dark coloured cars.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
95mx3

Post by 95mx3 »

i have my (black) MX tinted 5% in the back :p and 20% on the sides!! and OMG does it add such a great effect to the look of the car! yes i have already been pulled over and fined for them but they will not come off!! i like the tints too much!
95 Mazda MX-3 DOHC 4cyl.. 17's, Cat Back w/ 4.5in Tip, Custom Int.(CF Bezel,White and Black, 7"AutoMeter Tach, 4 Neons Hit W/ Bass, $375 Kenwood Headunit), $1300 Custom System(Including 2.25Farad Cap. Custom Built Box w/ 2 cut outs for 6x9's, 2 12" Infinity's, 1200w Amp, 4 tweeters. It might not be as fast, but it sure as hell looks and sounds better than a Honda! CF Invert. hood! Primer&Fittin Drift Front and Sides w/ K-Max Rear.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

isnt it odd to see factory tinted cars get away with it but if it didnt come as a factory option you get ticketed? I've seen this many times
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

ya its strange how that happens, kinda like people getting pulled over for blue headlights, yet the expensive cars like bmw's and mercedes all have them standard.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

i've tinted my car a while back and they couldn't paint over the small bubbly things on the hatch. they told me it will like crappy. is your back tinted all around or just to the bubbles?
bp mx-3
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

The rear glass in my parts car is tinted, but the bad part is they used cheap tint. It's turning purple, but looks much better than not tinted
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

i can't remember the exact numbers for here, but we can legally tint all of our windows (excluding the winshield) to like 10 or 15% (something like that) and part of top of the windshield some, but the rest of the windshield can only be like 2-5% (if that, i really can't remember) i'm sure it'd look a lot better with tinted windows, and i think i'll probably do it eventually.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se

Post by GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se »

i got my side windows and the hatch tinted. i love it! helps alot with the heat, and blocks some of the sun from my kid in the back seat.
i've tinted my car a while back and they couldn't paint over the small bubbly things on the hatch. they told me it will like crappy. is your back tinted all around or just to the bubbles?
they tinted my hatch all the way up. the tint didnt stick over all of the "bubbly things". so yes, it looks bad, but you cant really notice it unless u are tryin too. they did the best that they could do. :shrug:
.: Lara :.
.: Special Edition :.
.: Raspberry Metallic :.
.: 1993 Mazda MX-3 V6 :.
.: Check it out http://www.cardomain.com/id/mahmx3 :.
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

I had 15% on my rs and now this car I THINK it's smoke black limo tint..Or maybe the hatch is just limo and the rest is 15%!!! I also have a 13" visor in limo...I LOVE it! My tint all around is in GREAT condition with no unraveling, fading, etc... But I am pleased with how it turned out and this was more than a year ago. Just go to an excellent quality shop.
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

guy i went to didnt tint the top, but you couldnt tell unless you were right on the car
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Appearance”