civic projector idea

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MarkMoore

civic projector idea

Post by MarkMoore »

some one do the civic projector conversion and paint the black housing to match the color of their car(a-la-3000gt)... then post pics :D
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
fry_81

Re: civic projector idea

Post by fry_81 »

interesting idea, hadnt thought about that.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

if i could get someone who has done the conversion before would do the cutting for me, i'd try it in a heartbeat, but that doesn't seem likely any time soon.

<small>[ December 20, 2004, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Acamori ]</small>
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
spano

Post by spano »

that would be cool to do, but since my car is black the housing wouldn't need to be painted the color of my car :p
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

lol
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

I am about to do a headlight conversion to 01' civic proj..That Idea sounds very interesting and unique.I'll try that within a couple weeks and should be done with it sometime after that.I just have SOOOO much crap I'm goin through right now! But that would look tight. Projectors with a red background since my cars a red..I give it a shot!
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
xXdaveXx

Post by xXdaveXx »

lol, give me some pics ill try to do it with photoshop , just to have an idea on how it looks
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

sweet rope, post some pics to share :)

i'll try to find a photo to photoshop

<small>[ December 20, 2004, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: MarkMoore ]</small>
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

up

currently working on these except they woiuld be without clear lens and some kind of lens over the high beam. The projector frame is going to be preped and painted the color of the car that Im installing..depends on the owners opinion.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

hgallegos915 wrote:up

currently working on these except they woiuld be without clear lens and some kind of lens over the high beam. The projector frame is going to be preped and painted the color of the car that Im installing..depends on the owners opinion.
wait, if you're not using a clear lense, what will you use? opaque? :freak: also, what do u mean "some kind of lense over the high beam"? then no more high beams for the owner?

are you making these for some one on this forum?
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

he means remove the main outer lense completly and add an extra clear lense to protect the high beams. it might look cool, i'm kinda curious to the outcome.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

if u really wanted to go a la 3000Gt, make a fiberglass shell that will allow the projector frame to more closley accent the lines on the mx. then, it will give u a better footing for the individual lenses. keep an update on this please.

side note, all projects on hold for me... lost main job, looking for a new one.

side note 2, given i get my new job i applyed for... the a la 3000GT will be real for me in a year or a lil more 8)
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm not a bad idea at all :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/632129/2

This is the only write up I've found on the Civic conversion. You can get new Civic projectors off ebay for about $100+sh. I plan to try it when I get another MX-3.

Return to “Appearance”