Cleaning Stock Aluminum Rims

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
vAnDaL_Z3rO

Cleaning Stock Aluminum Rims

Post by vAnDaL_Z3rO »

I have found this GREAT product to clean our stock aluminum rims. Its from Eagle one, and comes in a black bottle. I think "etching MAGS" is on the bottle in yellow letters.i bought it at auto zone..not sure..but man..does this stuff works...all you do is spray it on all the wheels..leave it on for 30 seconds...then spray it off (better with a powerful spray) NO scrubbing and all the brake dust it GONE..you might have some left if you missed some spots, but its good..best 5 bucks i spent haha. but i'm pretty sure it has been mentioned on the boards before.
93 MAZDA MX-3 GS
-1.8L V6
-Underbody Neon Kit (soon to be white)
-Altezzas
-Indiglo gauges (blue)
-DRIFT KIT
-Blue NX racing seats......covers....
Pics here http://members.cardomain.com/vandal_z3ro
Ateana

Re: Cleaning Stock Aluminum Rims

Post by Ateana »

I find fantastic works wonders (if your willing to do a lil wiping)
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

simple green works amazingly.

Or you can always just spray your wheels with some brake cleaner...that crap removes any kind of carbon-based build-up (oil, brakedust, etc) instantly.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
DJ

Post by DJ »

Hmm, I got the eagle one all purpose rim cleaner... guess I should of got the mag one because the one I got did nothing.

On your rims, is your center mazda logo cap not silver anymore? 3 out of 4 of my rims have kind of a yellow color to them instead of silver. Anyone else have that?
vAnDaL_Z3rO

Post by vAnDaL_Z3rO »

yea. the mazda symbol on the rims are BLACK. I dont know how to clean that...or if it is just worn away.
93 MAZDA MX-3 GS
-1.8L V6
-Underbody Neon Kit (soon to be white)
-Altezzas
-Indiglo gauges (blue)
-DRIFT KIT
-Blue NX racing seats......covers....
Pics here http://members.cardomain.com/vandal_z3ro
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I use Black Magic cleaner. It works great on tires and rims. You spreay it on... wait, and hose it off. I do use a brush as well to get in the corners etc to really get it off. one day I'm gonna take off my tires and get the inside of the rims.

About the mazda logo..mine are all still silver. Maybe that is because it is a 96
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

I swear that autosol polish is the best ever. I washed my gf's polished aluminum wheels, then used mothers wheel wax, and they looked great. So then my dad whipped out this tube of Autosol, put some on his finger, rubbed it into the wheel using small small swirls, and then wiped it off with a dry rag. The outcome was amazing. I couldn't believe how much more oxidization that stuff got off. It was like 15 times better than my polish job. It takes about a half an hour to do 1 wheel properly but it is well worth the time. and you only have to do it twice a year of so. Here in Canada we can get it at lordco(10 bucks a tube-about a year and a half use), but you could probably get it at like pep-boys or autozone in the states. TRY IT, YOU WILL BE SHOCKED AT THE RESULTS.

Return to “Appearance”