Anyone ever rearended in a MX-3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
lakersfan1

Anyone ever rearended in a MX-3?

Post by lakersfan1 »

Last night some jackwad rearended me getting on the freeway. I don't know if he was drunk or high or what, because there was just a huge traffic jam with everyone on thier brakes, and I didn't even stop fast, or even come to a complete stop for that matter. But anyways, my neck got jacked up, but the car didn't have a scratch on it. I even have the trunk garnish off ow, so I even examined if there was any structural damage from underneath. Nada! I kinda figured this little car would have folded like a salami in an accident. So has anyone else gotten rear ended in one, and had a similar experience?
DVH

Re: Anyone ever rearended in a MX-3?

Post by DVH »

yep, and my roof crumpled...hahaha...just in one little spot, and the rear bumper was totalled, teh but the frame was ok...and i got out and beat the guy. lol!

Bad thing was there was a cop right there watching the intersection.... :werd:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

look at my cardomain and you tell me, converion van doing 60 mph while i was sitting still
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by papa roached:
look at my cardomain and you tell me, converion van doing 60 mph while i was sitting still
If that was a full sized van, that doesn't look all that bad. I was with an old girlfrind in her Sundance when it got rearended by a Suburban doing only like 20MPH, and the bumper ended up literally pushed into the trailing edge of the rear seat. Busted open the gas tank and there was fuel everywhere.

Post by Guest »

I got hit twice from the back at traffic lights last year. Once by a Volvo, and the other a Celica.
I still haven't bothered to fix the damage from either accident, its just small scratches!!?? :shrug:

Post by Guest »

Actually, just remembered, I got hit 3 times from the back last year (a Mondeo also)!!!
And still no repairs needed.
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

My first rearending expierience, I was on the news.. Stopped traffic on the highway, rolling hills in a construction zone, crested one going too fast and saw nothing was movin. I was verry thankful to stop about 5" from the last guy's rear bumper, and not even lock the wheels. I was still sitting there, standing on the brakes, braced between the seat and the wheel when I looked in my rearview and saw everything commin up on me! Another 13 cars were just totally outta control, sliding every which way up the road, and I knew I was in for it. I got rearended pretty good by a big white crown vic. Considering, the damage wasn't that bad.. I'm the gold MX posted to the top in the crash section of mx-3.com (is dark, can't see the damage real well) Basically it trashed the rear bumper and drivers side rear tail, and crumpled the rear roof area enough to lock my door on me, and bent up the drivers side rear suspension. - but considering, the damage wasn't that bad. Another car slid up the drivers side door and kinda dented it in too, but still not that bad. Insurance wrote the car off and I got my next MX, haha. This is kinda long so I won't get into what heppened with it, or this SE - maybe later tho. :p
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
aka4665

Post by aka4665 »

My '92 RS was rearended 12/26/03. Traffic was totally stopped and had been for a while when out of nowhere, a '98 beamer hit me at about 25-30 mph. The impact was hard enough to knock the ash tray and radio completely out of the dash and the force pushed me forward, the seatbelt prevented me from hitting the steering wheel and pushed me back into the driver's seat, which broke and was stuck in the reclined position. The damage didn't look too bad from the outside, but the bumper was obviously messed up, with damage to the rear quarter panel and the metal area where the spare tire is stored was a little crunched. About 3K in damage, so the insurance totalled the car, and I now have a new '93 RS which I purchased 1/17/04. MX-3.com has been great in helping me diagnose minor problems in getting my new car up to speed and just hearing all the creative ways people are fixing up thier cars.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”