Need help with seat belts

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Gimpmonkey

Need help with seat belts

Post by Gimpmonkey »

Just bought a '92 MX-3, looking to put a normal 3-point seat belts into it because I hate the motorized seat belt track. Dumb thing died on me. Want manual ones instead. I know Canadian MX-3's got the regular stuff, can anyone tell me what that part number is, or can I get the belts from other models like 323's ,Probes???
Would it be hard to find mounting points? Any suggestions? Comments? Words 'o wisdom? :werd:
'92 MX-3...all stock...GAH! I NEED ME SOME MODS!.....
JYOUNYA1

Re: Need help with seat belts

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

I got my automatic seatbelts replace for free, per a recall....search for recalls, its better than paying 150-300$ to get 3 point seat belts which sometimes are a hassel to get into...
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

Would it be hard to find mounting points? Any suggestions? Comments? Words 'o wisdom?
Take it to Mazda and have your belt track replaced (its recalled under campaign 72803). Personally I wouldnt go modifying the seatbelts unless you can get ALL of the stock hardware you need out of the right donor car (if you can find one). The mounting locations may already be welded in place, you'd have to pull back your carpet and trim to find out for sure. Also dont go substituting cheap Home Depot hardware or you may find yourself flying thru the windshield when you really arent in the mood to.

Also if you get into a wreck and are hurt your insurance company may have something to say about not having the stock seatbelt setup installed :eek: (its just a thought....dont quote me on that!).

The recall is free... take advantage of it (I did). :2thumbsup:
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
Gimpmonkey

Post by Gimpmonkey »

Hmmm.......thanks for the suggestions, I'll try the local Mazda boys...BTW, anybody got good experience with Mazda dealers in the Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle, Federal Way area? :froggie_red: :werd:
JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

I just locked mine in the back position, with that key thing they send you for recall I believe,doesn't go forward anymore.Besides when it did go forward took to long and I would be tryin to get out before it was forward and seatbelt would choke me, I never did care for electric seatbelts, Now when I get in, I slip it over my head and I'm good to go.
Gimpmonkey

Post by Gimpmonkey »

Yo, fellas...thanks for the info...much learned, much appreciated, will probably yanked the thing back 'til it locks, then just duck under the belt...kool... :idea: :welder: :froggie_red: :werd:
...must...get...stickers...make...car...go...fast...
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

Originally posted by Gimpmonkey:
Yo, fellas...thanks for the info...much learned, much appreciated, will probably yanked the thing back 'til it locks, then just duck under the belt...kool... :idea: :welder: :froggie_red: :werd:
...must...get...stickers...make...car...go...fast...
if i could only of done that. mine got locked in the open door position... luckily the dealership is fixing all that crap for free before they get ne more money out of me. luckily, the part arrived today, so my 93 RS is commin home tommorow.
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”