Custom Fibre / In-Car filler

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Kapp00

Custom Fibre / In-Car filler

Post by Kapp00 »

Hey,
What you guys thinking? I've finished talking with my sponsour and we are going ahead with the computer, its a 800mhz PC by VIA? with a 7.5" lcd TS with the VSX FX kit Topmix spoiler.... with a custom corner pod left / right left, 10" woofer, right - VIA motherboard, with Combo drive and HD sitting up front in dash with 7.5 LCD custom fibreglassed in. with the DVD head unit and TV Tuner slave unit. Car is turning green from red, custom dyed inside with Motegi MR12 17.7.5....
should be finished within a month or two
what u guys think... will have pics as time goes on
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Custom Fibre / In-Car filler

Post by Custommx3 »

IF your getting the EPIA 800, change your thoughts and get the EPIA M10000, much better MB, and the 800 isnt as fast as you think. I have the m9000 for my car, with a 7.2" touchscreen and slot DVD, Custom Heads-up display, GPS, voice activation, ect.
Why buy a DVD unit when you can just get a USB TV device and a slot DVD drive. Thats what I have. And Im building a custom dash as well for it.
Kapp00

Post by Kapp00 »

Yeah, DVD head unit is for the INputs and outputs, i need it to play audio through my car stereo...
Plus the TV slave tuner is to pickup stations, the basic tv tuner cards don't have a big powerboost for them.. this will enable me to put a anntena on the roof.... doesn't the M1000 have a fan though? i'm looking at heating issues too... custom building a 15foot IDE flat cable
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

From what Im told, its not really an issue. Im going to mount mine in my glove box and have fans blowing across it from each side. Plus the C3 processor runs pretty cool to begin with. Its not ment for games, so dont plan on playing some games w/ it.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

wow sounds like an interesting project.. keep us informed and updated.<p>what are you going to run for power and distributor?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Kapp00

Post by Kapp00 »

marshmallow15 , :) you'll Soon see my car hopefully in Cali if i get this job offer in the US i'll be in the Oakland/Sacremento area....
hrmm the Entire computer in the glove? see i'm also thinking that i can plexiglass over the wheel well and put the fans down there along with Neon lighting and the motherboard this way it'll look nice all fabricated. But see the other question is if i/we put mother board in the glove capartment is the heat issue.... as the blower is right there... i'll measure it all and see whats going on , i also am building a suspension locking rails to allow the HD some give on a bump... it is very on how its going to be done.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

oh wow thats right you should protect those hundreds of dollars of equipment. that suspension plate rail thing sounds like a good idea.<p>oh and im souther cali, i might be around 5-6 hours away.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

IM putting PLexi on the front of my box. As far as power, Im using a DC to DC power supply.
Kapp00

Post by Kapp00 »

May i ask where ur getting the DC - DC power SUpply from, other then Opus solutions... i need a company that the local computer store can get so i can get the discounted prices.

Return to “Appearance”