bmw key?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Re: bmw key?

Post by johnnyb »

I'll find out if one will work for you when i go into work tomorrow
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JasonH:
Go buy a VW if you want a spring-loaded key so bad. Who the hell cares what your key looks like anyway? :roll: <hr></blockquote><p>If you've never used one you don't know what your missing lol. its just kinda cool how it flicks out. who the hell cares about a lot of modifications people do to cars. its personal preference
Turbo 2.5l mx3
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

By the way...BMW has never had flip out keys ;) Mercedes and VW has...
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

yeah my dad has a 2001 golf vr6 and he has this kind of key it has the keyless entry , the alarm, and the key on it, i think one of the reasons they are expensive is because the metal has to be cut by a laser, they are laser cut keys only able to be manufactured by the dealer , maybe thats why they are so expensive?
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cjthor:
By the way...BMW has never had flip out keys ;) Mercedes and VW has...<hr></blockquote><p>i was just saying a few high end cars have them
"audi"
Turbo 2.5l mx3
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

if u want something bad@$$ then do a complete conversion to the new mercedes censor keys there is no metal its a sensor u put in like a key hole that starts ur car unlocks ur doors the works my neighbor was showin me his today so i thought i might say somethin....but yeh if someone does that then drop me a line and let me know how u did it cuz i want to but the thing is is that those would be prob twice as expensive as lazer cuts <p>
cody
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

just to let you know the honda key may work. the key is a bit thicker than the mazda key but all in all the rest is almost identical. Since I dont drive my car to work I couldn't try it in the ignition or anything. If you need me to cut a honda key for my car to test i can do it on Monday as the boss was watching me all day for some reason so i couldnt cut it. So just let me know and i'll do it for you monday.
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

can you please test one out because i'm gonna order a key if it works out for ya
Turbo 2.5l mx3
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea same here that's a good idea.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jwillistyl55:
if u want something bad@$$ then do a complete conversion to the new mercedes censor keys there is no metal its a sensor u put in like a key hole that starts ur car unlocks ur doors the works my neighbor was showin me his today so i thought i might say somethin....but yeh if someone does that then drop me a line and let me know how u did it cuz i want to but the thing is is that those would be prob twice as expensive as lazer cuts <p>
cody
<hr></blockquote><p>my dads has that for his car, theres still a small lazer cut key inside, it's just to open the door if the battery for the remote dies
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
sapper

Post by sapper »

If you want a switch style key for a mazda, here it is. <p>Switch Key<p>Found this on ebay just by searching for "Mazda Key Blank"
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
wouldn't it be badass, like you're walking to a mx-3 and whip out your key and push a button. i dont know why, but for some reason its bad-*** .<hr></blockquote><p>
Actually There is! It's called a CLIFFORD alarm with a self starter. http://www.clifford.com/matrix/timeArticle.asp
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Hey Gkreator. Are all those keys on ebay the same? They each say they are for different cars, but none says MX3. They show MX3, MX5, MX6, RX7, 626. Pretty much anything other than a MX3. :shrug: Is it just marketing, and they're all actually the same key? :shrug:
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lakersfan1:
Hey Gkreator. Are all those keys on ebay the same? They each say they are for different cars, but none says MX3. They show MX3, MX5, MX6, RX7, 626. Pretty much anything other than a MX3. :shrug: Is it just marketing, and they're all actually the same key? :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p>I think they all might be the same key. I was looking at some sites online with part #'s on keys. I even asked a guy on ebay selling an mx6 key that looked like my mx3 key and he said the part #'s matched. But who knows. Try a search on google.com for "mazda keys" or something.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

sorry guys been really busy at work and havent had time to grab a blank and try. I'll try and do it tomorrow

Return to “Appearance”