bmw key?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx34u2nve

bmw key?

Post by mx34u2nve »

i like those keys that flip out like a switch blade. they are found on many high end cars. to get a blank one of these keys your looking at about 500 bucks or something crazy like that to get them right from the factory. but you can get ones that fit civics or accords on ebay for cheap. Can a civic or accord or integra etc. be cut to fit our car???
Turbo 2.5l mx3
marshmallow15

Re: bmw key?

Post by marshmallow15 »

if it comes blank then yes it should work. where can you get them?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
if it comes blank then yes it should work. where can you get them?<hr></blockquote><p>how would it work, the civic key is a different size
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

well can't they shave off material until its a perfect height and width and length?
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

You mean like one of these?
Image<p>Or are you talking about something different?<p>No, you can't use a Honda key blank for a Mazda, or vice versa. That's why they make blanks for different cars.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I think he's talking about the keys that come in a box shape device with a button that you push to make the key come out, VW and BMWs seemed to have them first. If you could find a blank key thats the same size or bigger than the mx-3 key then it would work.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

Here is the rare mazda key blank I picked up on ebay. I will look cool with my Clifford Carbon Fiber keyless entry remote. ;) <p>Image<p>[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: Gkreator ]</p>
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

That's a sweet looking key.<p>later.
dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

i think this is the kind of key he's asking about.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

I would love to get one of those! If anyone finds one that will work for our cars let us know!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

Go buy a VW if you want a spring-loaded key so bad. Who the hell cares what your key looks like anyway? :roll:
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

A key is a key, this is a gadget. Its just cool.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

wouldn't it be badass, like you're walking to a mx-3 and whip out your key and push a button. i dont know why, but for some reason its bad-*** .
- team slideways
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
wouldn't it be badass, like you're walking to a mx-3 and whip out your key and push a button. i dont know why, but for some reason its bad-*** .<hr></blockquote><p>You've been brainwashed by VW commercials.
:p
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Its great when useless information you learn, actually turns into something useful. Tuning Zubehor has them, they are a mostly european tuning shop. I found out about them during my Corrado days. The only thing is with their kit its to integrate your key and an alarm system together, but drop them an email and ask them if it will work. <p>
tuningzubehor
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)

Return to “Appearance”