Mazda Speed vs Corksport

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Acamori

Mazda Speed vs Corksport

Post by Acamori »

ok, so i think i want a new front bumper and i like the mazda speed bumper. thing is the corksport ms bumper is $400 cheaper and looks exactly the same. i'd like to know if there is any reason why i shouldn't go with the cheaper one over the expensive (i.e. does it break easy, harder to work with, etc.)?
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Mazda Speed vs Corksport

Post by monty73741 »

i have been told that the corksport is better qualty & the mazda speed is a direct fit.........no holes for fitment needed
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by monty73741:
i have been told that the corksport is better qualty & the mazda speed is a direct fit.........no holes for fitment needed<hr></blockquote><p>isn't the mazdaspeed made of polyurathane (whatever)
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
mazdasport

Post by mazdasport »

I had the Corksport front end for a while and I was very happy with it. It fit right on there -- no fabrication needed. I havent seen the mazdaspeed front end in person, but the corksport is well worth what you pay for it.
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

sounds to me like the corksport one is better (from my view) cuz it's cheaper and just as good.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I plan on getting the CS ms front end sometime soon. They want like $100 for shipping though but I guess that is warranted seeing how they are 2800 miles away.I won't be able to buy it for a LONG time though...i'm broke as h**l after this klze swap :( <p>If the MS bumper was like $400-430ish i'd probably go with it instead since it is polyuretahne and won't crack. But its damn near $600! Screw that!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

BOTH ARE FIBERGLASS
i talked to ben & he said the only difference is that mazdaspeed drill holes for you
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
JJ

Post by JJ »

Are you positive about that??
Just wondering whether he can be lieing to you or not.
:shrug:
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Ben is full of sh*t, the Mazdaspeed is made of urethane just like the stock bumper. They have had that same Mazdaspeed bumper there for years, never sold the thing. They have been using it to make molds so they can sell there fiberglass copy of it. End of Story ;)
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

well, i think i'm gonna get the corksport ms. shipping's expensive though, $135 to me, but it sounds like it's worth it. i probably won't buy it for a while though, too much going on right now. thanks a lot for your input.
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

Hey Acamori, I can tell you right now Corksport quoted me 140 on shipping to Massachusetts for the CS Bumper... they called me five days after I got it, and refunded me 35 on shipping cuz they just overcharge for safety, but they will give you a credit.<p>So its all gooooood!
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

So you all know, I have purchased the Corksport MS bumper. The shop that was going to install it indicated that it needed a bunch of extra work. I have chosen to do the prep work myself, and haven't had time to finish it yet. But one of the things I have noticed is that part of the area for the signal lights needs to be cut away if you are using the stock signal lights or they wont fit. Fairly easy with a dremel and cutting disk. the hard part looks like it will be fixing a small crack in the fiberglass and smoothing the surface which has many minor but annoying blemishes and rough spots. The body shop was going to charge me two or three extra hours of work for this. Beaware of this when bying the Corksport bumper. Considering the price compared to the other bumpers out there. It still seems ok, provided it fits well as others have indicated.
Taras

Post by Taras »

MazdaSpeed one is better for kissing curbs. It is in fact made out of Urethane. I have seen it in person.<p>The Corksport one is a good quality as all of the people that I know did not have any problems with fitment or finishing.<p>Cheers
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

there were 3 air pockets in the fiberglass on my bumper and some rough spots. my dad works with fiberglass at his job and he said that their mould must suck really bad because there is no way that they would let something that rough come out of a mould where he works. and that's sad considering that my dad makes those huge windmill generator blades. but i think i'd still like to save my $300 thank you very much.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

What about the Erebuni version of the MS/Corksport bumper?<p>I hear its slightly better than the Corksport one.

Return to “Appearance”