Painting Car Questions

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Rp's_mx-3

Painting Car Questions

Post by Rp's_mx-3 »

Hi everyone, im getting ready to get my car painted and i took it to several shops and they all gave me quotes around 4000.00 dollars.One shop said they could to it for three grand. Do you guys think this is about right? Thats with putting on the corksport front the carbon hood scorpion sides and rear and painting the car mazda vivid yellow. The help of all you guy is needed very badly, thanks
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Re: Painting Car Questions

Post by mx3TT »

If you are changing the color of your car it does cost a lot more then usual. I repainted my car and it cost $2,500USD to keep it the same color so I think it should be right.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
DaveRous

Post by DaveRous »

Lol, I am really charging too little then :D Just charged a guy 500 to install his body kit and new spoiler, fix all his dents and such too. Said I could paint it the same color for 850 total. Jesus what a deal he is getting. Oh well...
My first import ran on rice, this one runs on style.
Kapp00

Post by Kapp00 »

HAHAHA, i'm doing my own car here sanding it all down my self and **** taping and crap, and then gotta goto my buddies shop and he's gonna paint it for me for 200CAD walk in and spray and drive out...
Changing color from Red to Orange.

Post by Guest »

Ya its best too go private if your worried about money and if they are good there is no difference from a shop. Its so hard to find a good shop that wont rip you off anyway. My bud was gonna put on my kit shave some stuff, fix all the flaws on the body and change the color for 500+paint. For doing something on the side thats still alot of money to make free and clear.
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

that sounds about right....ur changing the color of ur car so they have to paint under the hood and the door jams which are a b*tch and to install ur kit isnt that much but ur mostly gettin charged for labor and it will take a bit to do escpecially the paintin if ur car is a darker color like black or red if u have a white one its still hard but not as bad
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

they'd better do show car finish on it, Ive got cars painted $800, whole car...$700 if you disassemble and reassemble for paint.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
msbmx3

Post by msbmx3 »

i just got mine painted for $3000
I kept it red just used a differnent shade(corvette red) so they didnt have to do the door jams and engine bay.
Expect to pay over 4-5 k to totally change colors plus the body work that you want done
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

I am getting my car painted a whole new color door jams engine bay and all for 1500.00 and ive seen they're work and it's great.
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

Some of you are getting ripped off on prices. My dad paints for a living and it depends if there is a lot of dents or what not but his prices vary anywhere from 800-1000 USD to change colors and KIT!!!! Now me on the other hand didn't even pay half that price for mine. It's a purple to green chameleon with silver flake. It's nice having that dad that paints!!!!! Check my sig for pics! :D

Return to “Appearance”