headlight removal

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
XxLuieLinesxX

headlight removal

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

my headlights are really foggy and i wanted to take em out and clean the inside, i kno this works, i have no clue how 2 take it off though, if someone could explain 2 me how to do this, let me know<p>thanks
JasonH

Re: headlight removal

Post by JasonH »

Are you sure they're not just foggy on the outside? This is a common problem with the lexan lenses. Before you start taking things apart, polish them with some Blue Magic as mentioned in the Appearance FAQ.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

One of mine fogged up and I polished it with plastic polish and it came out great. If its on the inside too, you have to take out the three(I think) bolts that hold in the light, two under the hoodand one behind the front bumper. After that you can take off the metal clips that go around, then heat up the seal and pry the two pieces apart. Just be careful when your doing that. You will have to seal the light again when putting it back together. Correct me if im wrong about anything.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

thanks guys, it probably is just the outside, .aybe i'll get one pf those hyper white xenon bulbs too
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

thanks guys, it probably is just the outside, maybe i'll get one of those hyper white xenon bulbs too
reSa

Post by reSa »

there's a whole section somewhere on the site. probably in the FAQ. or barry's site. i forget. but he explains in detail how to remove/polish your headlights out. so detailed even a girl could do it ;) works like a charm.

Return to “Appearance”