POLL: How do you position your 94+ Interior Air Vents??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Len-Dogg

Re: POLL: How do you position your 94+ Interior Air Vents??

Post by Len-Dogg »

I make an + with mine. Making an X sounds pretty cool too, I've never even thought of it. But the better question is, what do you do to keep them from falling? Mine never stay where I put them. Maybe I'll try putting some felt or something around the outside, I wonder if that would help hold them in place.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

whatever makes the cool air flow to me :)
precidian

Post by precidian »

I usually have the vents rotated so it is the + look.<p>you can actually take off the gauge surround and unscrew the vents from the back side. Then just apply some new felt. Upon reassmenbly of the vent ball, you will be able to feel the difference.
Which reminds me, I should do mine again once I get back the car....<p>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Good idea on replacing the felt. My vents just point down and never stay where I put them. :shrug:
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
msbmx3

Post by msbmx3 »

i dont really pay attention to em
Darth_Luis

Post by Darth_Luis »

Nothing else in the dashboard is in a + or X pattern.. everything's curvy... <p>I keep it in the X position ... it's a subliminal message to all the ladies who I happen to stalk.... er... wait for so I can give them a ride. <p>X( )X X X <p>get it?
Only a punk drives an automatic
Shades

Post by Shades »

I'm going with X... sounds wicked kewl!<p>Mine don't move around cause I pulled out my dash and painted them, as in the vents... YaY! :D
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

how do you take the vents out?
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

they pop out from behind, and the one on the far right pass side, it pops out from the front, as for the vents, whatever way they stand after they are pointed at me, never thought about makin an X or + haha<p>ah ****
peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

i usually just have them at what ever angle they end up being at but when i hit a little bump they all end up hitting the floor and i have to reposition them. :D
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by T-Rose:
how do you take the vents out?<hr></blockquote><p>YEah. from the back they just pop out.<p>Here's an interesting swap you can do with a heat gun, razor blade, contact cement and lots of patience!!!<p>These are Audi TT air vents. I was getting pissed off at the fact that the vents would constantly move on there own. Secondly there is no way of controlling the air flow from each vent. That sucks Donkey Balls.<p>Not only do the Audi TT look nice, they are functional too! You can turn the metal dial to control air flow and also there is a control for up/down, left/right. Very stiff!! <p>It's been a few years since i've done it, but if anyone is ionterested let me know and ill give you a heads up!<p>All four vents will run you roughly $240 CDN. Then you can always do the miata lock mechanism mod and create a nice polished look on the inside!
(i'm still waiting to do that one!) <p>Here's a pic of what it would look like. Oh and BTW this mod is only for 94 and up<p>
;)
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com

Return to “Appearance”