Anyone in MD know a good body shop?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
2.5mx3

Anyone in MD know a good body shop?

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Hey Marylanders-<p>I need recommendations on a good body shop that has experience installing aftermarket bumpers and that knows how to correctly paint a car. <p>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
Krist B.

Re: Anyone in MD know a good body shop?

Post by Krist B. »

try to check this out
www.autobodycreations.com
301-340-2566 rockville, MD
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Thanks, I've sent a request for an estimate. Have you had any personal experience with them? They seem to be pretty reputable, but a personal recommendation always helps.<p>Thanks again. :)
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

there is a place on philephia road up by OPI...forgot what it is called but they have worked on all my cars just dont leave anything vaulable in there...that its right next to my old mechanic & that is where i got my car broken into...but besides that they are great
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by monty73741:
...its right next to my old mechanic & that is where i got my car broken into...but besides that they are great<hr></blockquote><p>Sounds like a great place to leave me car! :eek:
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

its a good body shop....but he more anal about the cars.,,than my old mechanice
jason
Jason Danaher
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

Hank, i know of a great shop up in Aberdeen. I know it's not close, but they do amazing work. A friend of mine is getting his eclipse out tomorrow, i'll send you some pictures of how it turns out if you want. They aren't cheap by far, but you definitly get what you pay for.
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Thanks Jason, I'd appreciate that! Aberdeen really isn't all that far, IMO... especially if I can get a good job done on the car.
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Bump...<p>Still looking for a good shop, or better yet someone who paints cars or knows someone who paints cars and installs bumpers. I'm willing to go into PA, DE or VA to get it done right!
Jason, I'm still going to call the guy in Aberdeen... <p>So far, I've gotten estimates from some good custom shops around here, who are estimating between $700 and $1000 to paint and install the bumper, sideskirts and paint my hood as well. Pretty steep for just 3 pieces. Of course, these shops do only the best work.

MD/VA guys, wasn't there a girl named Teresa who works at a body shop (or who's bf works at one)down near Glen Burnie? She was at a couple of the meets.<p>Anyone have experience with Earl Scheib body shops? I can get a pearl paint job for $599, plus a little extra to have them paint the door jambs and such. I don't really consider my car a show car, and I don't plan on having the car for another 10 years. I've heard they do fairly good work, but I'm worried they're just a Maaco type body shop. Of course, they use lots of tape instead of actually removing emblems and stuff (which saves a lot of time and money), but I plan on removing a lot of that stuff myself anyway.<p>Thanks guys, and sorry for the long post. :)
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

that was terisa....(i know i mispelled it)
her email is steadydreamin2002@aol.com
jason
Jason Danaher
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Alrighty, thanks Jason. :)
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

There is a shop in Waldorf, forgot its name, that my friend is getting his Sentra SER done at (its a 1993 sentra). <p>The guy molded R32 taillights into his car, and molded the front and rear bumpers, and sideskirts, and did a custom paintjob w/airbrushed graphics on it. All of this for $2600!! Cheap as HELL. But he took about 3 months to do the work, but the work is excellent.<p>He has done a bunch of conversions. Skyline taillights into a 96' Nissan Pickup, widebody civic kit w/graphics, molding a accord bodykit onto a grand am. And there is this awesome looking Chrysler Cirrus at his shop all the time with an insane paint job and graphics that he painted himself. You have probably seen his work at the local carshows. I wish i had the pictures on this computer..i need to install my camera software.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Any way I could get a reference from your friend? Do you or your friend have any connection with the guys who work at the shop? <p>Yeah, $2600 is extremely cheap for all that work. If I was going to have the same work done at the shops I checked out around here, I'd be looking about 4K at least.<p>Thanks!
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

Return to “Appearance”