gauge install

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BlazerCrew

gauge install

Post by BlazerCrew »

Alright I'm so close. I have the gauge cluster out. The old gauges are still on how do I remove them? Do I remove them or slide the other gauges over them? And there are lightbulbs inside will they affect the indiglos when they are on? Any comments will help me a very great deal thank you!
Mx-3's rule
codyhoover

Re: gauge install

Post by codyhoover »

It depends on the gauges you have. I put in the white hybrids and they just go on over the stock ones. As for the lights, I left them in. If you take them out you cant see the tripometer or odometer at night. If you turn the dimmer for the car all the way up you can see the stock green lights through the gauges but at lower setting you cant see them at all. That ones just up to you.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
BlazerCrew

Post by BlazerCrew »

Ok I have the the tach and speed on and i was just wondering if in order to put the fuel/temp one on you need to take the clock rod out. It seems impossible. I heard someone say you had to unscrew something from the back but I do not know how to even get to the back. Thanks for the help
Mx-3's rule
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

You should have had to unscrew the top of the rod just to get the clear plastic off. Put the gauges over that rod then just play with it till you can get it over both needles. Its a pain in the *** but they will go on. I had to bend the temp gauge pretty far around but it finally worked.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"

Return to “Appearance”