REDLINEZONE Indiglo Gauges

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
JoBoMX3

REDLINEZONE Indiglo Gauges

Post by JoBoMX3 »

Hey guys. I just recieved my reverse glow gauges, but there are no instructions. Does anyone know how to install these. I have everything taken apart and ready. Is there a way to take off the speedo needles or do these new gauges just slide on top? Anyone who has them, Kuruption etc, could you please letme know what to do. <p>Thanks
Jordan
Chicks dig orange cars
Franko
Supporting Member

Re: REDLINEZONE Indiglo Gauges

Post by Franko »

Dude I have them installed in my car... how much do you have taken apart so far?? do you have the gauge cluster out? The faces just slide right over the needles... DO NOT TAKE THE NEEDLES OFF I hear that the calibration will be totally screwed and youre speedometer will not be correct anymore.. just slide them over. The rpm gauge and the speedometer are the easiest but when you get to the heat and gaa gauge I was like "what in the hell am I going to do with this? they are facing eachother.." I thought I would have to take the needles off and I really didnt want to do that.. so what I ended up doing was taking the screws in the back that hold the heat and gas gauges in place and take all of it out.. then take the screws out of the face of it.. (you have to take them out anyway) and turn both of the little motors that are attached to the needles so that both the needles face the same way.. I did it so they face down then CAREFULLY slide the face over.. and then turn the motors back and put the screws back in.. then put the face back in the housing.. sliding it over the little rod that sets the time..
Now when you get most of the cluster back togethor before you put the clear cover on it TEST IT.. I put mine back in the car only to discover that it all worked perfect except that it stopped at 1000 rpm when I shut off the car..
I couldent have that.. so check them.. what I did was put a little tiny piece of folded paper right by 3000 rpm and tucked it in there with a needle, kinda crude but it totally did the job..
that is about it.. If you are still at the getting the cluster out phase then just tell me and I will be happy to walk you through it.. if you are still in termoil ill give you my number and we can have a chat =) Ill totally help you out.. I spent a good 6 hours in the freezing cold figuring out how to do this and I dont think that I will ever forget how!
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
JoBoMX3

Post by JoBoMX3 »

Hey,<p>thanks for the help. Yeah, I havent tested them yet, but I will here in the next day. When I put everything back together though, the RPM needle has dropped straight down. It i move it around, it slowly descends back down to the bottom. Like 90 straight up and down. Kinda odd.
Chicks dig orange cars
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

So REALLY FAST,are you saying that if I have rotated the needles at all from their original position, they won't work? My gauges are in, and they look nice, but my fuel is on extra high, my temp. is extra high, my speedo sits at 20 MPH and my tack doesn't work at all. Help?!?! :( <p>one
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

are the needles moving at all? They may be rubbing against the indiglos and thats causing them to stick. try flattening out the gauges a lil and tighten them down. And BTW the EASIEST way to get the temp/gas gauge is just to turn the TEMP gauge at the base with slight pressure until its parallel to the fuel gauge, then slide the indiglos in over the needles at the same time, then return the temp needle to its original position. The temp gauge needle will NOT pop with small force. Dont try to twist the fuel needle or u'll have to buy a new cluster.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EBUCKS:
So REALLY FAST,are you saying that if I have rotated the needles at all from their original position, they won't work? My gauges are in, and they look nice, but my fuel is on extra high, my temp. is extra high, my speedo sits at 20 MPH and my tack doesn't work at all. Help?!?! :( <p>one<hr></blockquote><p> :D :D :D <p>time for a new cluster bro, I asked you several times to come down here and i will do it for ya,, :D
Its aight though, i have a set of gauges sittin here collecting dust, the temp and fuel doesnt work but everything else is perfect,,, :D
its all yours for free,, :D that was some acrobatic situation though,,,
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Hold on. This is what I did.
Pulled a gauge cluster from the scrap yard. Without breaking the needles, I ripped off the faces from the tack and speedo. When I pulled my gauge cluster out, I replaced the speedo in mine with the other one. I was able to rip the face of the tack on mine. I placed the faces of the tack and speedo. Therefore sonic, I don't have any needle rubbing problems. And I slid the face of the fuel/temp, the same way that Really Fast did. Kaveh, I clipped and crimped those wires that you told me to. It lights up, but nothing works. <p>one
Juddd_83

Post by Juddd_83 »

I won mine from redlinezone too and they are having problems sending them cause there shipment got stuck in customs. IM gonna wait for it tho, and I think im gonna have someone put them in for me dont want to feck anything up!
---------------------------
Finally a fellow MX-3er!!!!
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
5000V Blue Ground Effects
---------------------------
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I really didnt want to get into taking off the needles because I knew that would come back to haunt me at somepoint.. But I find it strange your gauges arent working right. I dont know what could be causing that.
It was totally a math equation to get the heat and gas gauge face to go over.. Man I am a genious! But apparentily not when I chose a name on this site... god I wish I could change it.. I dont know what the hell I was thinking.
I only realized how much of a stupid *** name it was when someone said it. God.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

I'm thinking that I tore the circuit board at the back. I was going to get another gauge cluster from the scrap yard this week, but I have 2 others that I can mess around with. I also have a really dim clock. Oh well. I'll figure it out.
Genius, stay strong man! :shrug: <p>one

Return to “Appearance”