323 gtx ecu

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

323 gtx ecu

Post by Franko »

Well it has come down to that time now to put my car away and start working on the engine swap. The fist thing and the most important is the ecu and harness. It is the only thing that I cant get here.. I could care less about the transmission and clutch and all that.. and I allready have the bpt so I NEED someone who has a ecu and harness to sell me for the bpt. I tried corksport and they said they cant get the harnesses anymore and the ecu will take about 2 months or so. I am just wondering if anyone has one they were going to get rid of because that would be super...
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
992mmx3

Re: 323 gtx ecu

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by R_is_for_really_fast:
Well it has come down to that time now to put my car away and start working on the engine swap. The fist thing and the most important is the ecu and harness. It is the only thing that I cant get here.. I could care less about the transmission and clutch and all that.. and I allready have the bpt so I NEED someone who has a ecu and harness to sell me for the bpt. I tried corksport and they said they cant get the harnesses anymore and the ecu will take about 2 months or so. I am just wondering if anyone has one they were going to get rid of because that would be super...
Can't you just run the stock ecu with a piggyback system? You'd save a TON of money and labor. Re-installing a new wiring harness is a *****. A piggyback system would give you more leway in modifying in the future as well. Or you can even go with a standalone unit.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Manach

Post by Manach »

Use your harness..

Don't try to get a JAP harness..

You won't have any warranty on it.. and, well, they are upside down.. or flip if you wish. So you can't even use it with your electronics..

I think Nagano Motor in Montreal City got full harness if you insist.

ECU, invade the 323 GT-R yahoo group to get one.. They are about 200-300$US, but it might cost you almost the same thing in shipping..

Order a APEX'i S-AFC over Ebay, or a Haltech, it will cost you almost the same, and you won't need to buy a new one when you'll increase the boost! (You do need to modify an ECU for Boost increase if you don't want to run lean :) )
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

so if i had the APEX'i S-AFC running piggyback on the mx3 ecu and mx3 harness and of course the bpt would that be enough to make it work?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I really need help here guys!
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Yeah man that is what a lof of people are running including me.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Same here.

later,
dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING