wipers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bigluke

wipers

Post by bigluke »

Im looking for the different color wiper arms, i want to make my car red and white, or red and black, i havent decided yet. I found wipers that had a carbon fiber arm for like $15 usd, im just curious if uve seen any, and what are the sizes that fit the Beast(Mx3).
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: wipers

Post by mitmaks »

or u can paint them any color u want, make sure u clear coat it for durability or it will fade esp with hot sun and car wash
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i have white whipers and blue blades. the blade holder not the arm is white, and the rubber blade is blue.... i also have the oppisite a blue blade holder and white blade. it looks sweet. right now i have a solide white blade and holder on my car. i am going to paint my arm white here soon. or i may go aluminum color.
Moc5Mazda

Post by Moc5Mazda »

APC euro wiper blades come with RED BLUE and YELLOW wiper blade refils. I Have a single wiper like the touring cars and I have painted the arm red to match the entire car.
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

I am actually in the middle of painting my wiper arms silver. It's taking alot longer then I thought it would. I had to Primer it twice, 3 coats on top and 1 coat on bottom of the silver and am about to start applying the clear coat shortly. Will probably do 2 clear coats on top and 1 coat on bottom. The only thing you need to be aware of is that the the paint you get, may show a color mismatch on the part of the arms that connect to the bolt end possibly due to the material. I don't know why but mine looks slightly off because the paint has something in it to make it match old paint possibly. This is turning into a 12 hour paint job but it's cheap easy and definately worthwhile. Make sure you have some 400 grade sandpaper just in case you overspray the primer or have some rough paint to take care of. Also before you do the Primer, wipe the arm down with Acitone or Turpentine to clean it up and don't forget to shake the spray paint for 2 minutes each time before use and make sure your spray nozzle doesn't get clogged up.<p>[ March 08, 2003: Message edited by: Gkreator ]</p>
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)

Return to “Appearance”