ghetto grill.....?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
JMazdaKTEXmx3

ghetto grill.....?

Post by JMazdaKTEXmx3 »

anyone took 5-6 $$ "gutter guard" at home depot and made a front grill on a stock bumper with it??<p>Just curious cause i went an checked it out today and it dosnt look bad....(a friend turned me on to this idea) i went ahead and bought some ill be putting it on tomorrow...and ill have some pics posted too; if im lucky<p>FYI: the center peice "bar" on my stock bumper was cut out when i bought the car it was a really bad cut but it was in case your wondering so its just a large gap now
If Speed Cost Money...Im Gunna Be SLOWWWW!
Hy300

Re: ghetto grill.....?

Post by Hy300 »

Do it if you think it looks good, not because someone says. Personally I think the front end would look horrible without the stock grille so if you can cover it and make things look right, go for it.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

many people have done the exact same thing. Gutter guard and the cut-out.
Your going to have a hole on each side if you cut it though.
JMazdaKTEXmx3

Post by JMazdaKTEXmx3 »

yea there is two holes on both sides like i said it was already cut out when i bought it kinda sucks but you get what u pay for and i only paid 1600$ (US)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

put the grill behind the stock grill.. It still looks good and you dont have the cut outs..that is what i did on my RS./\
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Here's Mine
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

Visual XTC that looks really good! so u jsut did it infront of the stock grill, and u didnt cu anything out? what did u use to secure it in there?
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I cut mine out and patched the holes with fiberglass, then bondoed it and sanded it down and then painted over it, it looks stock, And I just skipped out on the mesh stuff, I like it open in the front. :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
JMazdaKTEXmx3

Post by JMazdaKTEXmx3 »

VizualXTC
looks good i only wish mine was still in good condition and not destroyed already ill have pics tonight in school now
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

What I did is cut the shape of the hole in the mesh leaving little tabs every 5 inches or so. Then I bent the tabs down and used screws to secure them to the bumper. If you look on the far left of the grill there's kind of a "loop" where I've taken some wire and "twist-tied" it to the stock bars. I left them in to give it the form I needed. It actually doesn't look all that good in the light. I painted it black and the paint is falling off. Next time I paint Imma prime it first. I just used a gloss black can of Krylon spray paint.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
JMazdaKTEXmx3

Post by JMazdaKTEXmx3 »

sorry bout delay of pics i got it on today.....i was called in to work last few days and didnt have time to get it on im chargeing camera battery as im typeing this so i will have some pics on my cardomain site tomorrow or saturday turned out nice i think
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Today i did my own version of a ghetto grill on my GS..Since i slammed into an electric box my bumper is jacked up and so is my hood. It looked really bad..so i reshaped my hood as much as i could and i cut the middle out of my bumper. I cut all of it out, so i dont have to worry about the little cut outs...then i put some mesh in the hole..I will post pics tomorrow, so be looking in the image forum for my cars..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “Appearance”