car overheats, then goes to cool then overheats

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
rjm5834

car overheats, then goes to cool then overheats

Post by rjm5834 »

hey,
i was reading through the forum for about 2 days now and i could not find an answer to my question. So if anyone could help i would appreciate it. This is all i know . . .
I have a mazda mx-3 year 93. I have a new water pump, new timing belt and a/c. There are two fans in the car, one for the ac and one for the radiator or engine im assuming. When i turn the a/c both fans, the one in front of the engine turns on and the other one does too. However, my car has been overheating the thermostat says. It goes pass the h ( heat ) symbol and then will eventually drop between the c and h symbol. I dont know what could be causing the problem. I changed the cooling fan switch. It did not fix the problem. If anyone has n e idea on how to fix this or wut may be the cause to this problem i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
stang67fb

Re: car overheats, then goes to cool then overheats

Post by stang67fb »

have you tried checking your thermostat and radiator?
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I had the same problem before, check your coolant level.

Mine was dangerously low.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I had the same problem awhile back. Your cars radiator is done. The temp drops down because when you're driving the wind cools your engine alittle. I bet when you just sit at idle the temp goes up quickly. Go get a new radiator before it leaves you stranded somewhere, they only take like 10 minutes to replace by yourself.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

hay sorry cant helpe when it comes to your problem but i did just replace my radiator today it is realy easy took me about an hour and cost about $60, midas wanted $650 to do it hahaha. but the poblem is finding one in good shape that is ment for your engin. if u go to a junk yard most places end up pulling the radiator out when removing the engin so even if u do find a junk mx3 (another heard thing to do)chances are that the raditor will be missing.
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

I agree with andrew_pakula this happened to my bro mx6 we cahnged his thermostat and stupidly didn't fill up the coolant check the levels peace.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”