Question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
rwstud427

Question

Post by rwstud427 »

i know this is a dumb question but now that summer is coming is there anyway to completely take off the back hatch on our car so that the back is open like a del sol? if so how hard would it be? i know you would have to take off hydrolics but how hard is it to undo and put back on the roof? just woundering<p>Aaron
1993 RS
eunosads

Re: Question

Post by eunosads »

the actual process of doing it I'd imagine is not that hard.. apart from handling the hatch itself.. it's pretty heavy.. <p>It'll take a lot of the rigidity out of the rear end.. and it's probably illegal too.. <p>looks cool though.. <p>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
rwstud427

Post by rwstud427 »

it would be like a jeep or 1 of them suburus where the backs r like a convertable tops. i doubt its illegal. how hard would it be to take it off?
rwstud427

Post by rwstud427 »

could some1 do a photoshop on a black mx so i could see what it would look like?
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

it'll only be illegal if you can't see out to the rear while in the car. otherwise do whatever the hell you want as long as you put in a plexiglass window.<p>it shouldnt be too hard what'll suck is you'll have no cargo area and you'll have to relocate your rear speakers...unless you can fabricate a trunk with a hinge. <p>wouldnt it be cool to attatch your new hatch cover to some gas struts so that they can open up reverse style so you can still get access to your trunk?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> wouldnt it be cool to attatch your new hatch cover to some gas struts so that they can open up reverse style so you can still get access to your trunk?<p> <hr></blockquote><p>So when ya gonna do it Marsh? That's a wicked idea! :cool: <p>Found this on cardomain. Maybe this helps
Image<p>one<p>[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: EBUCKS ]</p>
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

I don't know. I've never liked that car. Just doesnt do it for me i guess....And i Take it that people would not fit as comfortably in the back seat.<p>[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: your2slow ]</p>
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I think the idea was to make it look more like a 2 seater, if he kept a back window there it would look a lot better, why did he seal the back window? :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “Appearance”