Windshield Washer LED Nozzle Lites

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

Windshield Washer LED Nozzle Lites

Post by Guest »

I got a set of these chrome with black light and My friend does most of my installs and I figured I didnt need him for this one. I looked carefully at the instructions and decided to proceed with install. To my surprise when I poped the hood I cant get to my old nozzle's becouse there is metal over it I guess the way the hood was designed...My Friend is clueless Anybody had s similar prob or got any suggestions would be highly welcome...as I am stuck once again....
polak_gino

Re: Windshield Washer LED Nozzle Lites

Post by polak_gino »

ya i did this liek a year and a half ago. you can get to the old washers but it is kinda hard, it is in one of the support beams under the hood. it is very hard to get ur fingers in there. If i remeber correctly i think the original washers have to lil clip that u have to unclip with a lil screw driver. then jsut put the new ones in. that is also kinda of hard , since the new ones come with a bolt.
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Hey majic, when you get yours installed let me know how it went, I have to do mine too since my drivers side one is not squirting out worth S**t.
Thanks
p.s. I live just up the road from you.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

This took me about 15 minute to do. I grabbed a pair of Plier(spelling) and grabbed the old washer nozzles from the top of the hood, and just pulled. And BANG-O they were off. Installing the new washers was a bit of a pain, but due-able.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

LOL. I just did mine 3 weeks ago. Was the hardest mod i've made :roll: ....lol there are 2 ways of doing it...first way is the hard way (like i did) is to use your fingers and try to get the bolt in like that or u can remove that metal piace. There are screws holding it inplace and you can unscrew and remove it...Remeber to note and mark all the piaces with some tape cause you'll have trouble putting it back together(like my friends car we tried it on). Well good luck.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

lol these things are so NOT worth the trouble. for one, most of them are cheaply made and either the led stops working or the stupid things corode and fall off when youre washing your car (this happened to me heh) and the installation, oh god dont even get me started. for the work you end up doing you might as well get the nozzle holes shaved/filled and relocate the stock nozzles somewhere else! just my 2 cents, lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

I have no choice, I have to replace my driver side nozzle. I can't see in the winter when the windshield is covered in crap.
MX-3 for Me

Post by MX-3 for Me »

Heres my tip on installaing those: just dont do it!!
ahhhhh, why? :)
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MX-3 for Me:
Heres my tip on installaing those: just dont do it!!
ahhhhh, why? :)
<hr></blockquote><p>
exactly my thoughts. those things are sooooo ugly. if you really need a nozzle go get one off of a wrecked MX in a junk yardbeleive me itll look much better that way.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by I_love_my_MX-3:
<p>
exactly my thoughts. those things are sooooo ugly. if you really need a nozzle go get one off of a wrecked MX in a junk yardbeleive me itll look much better that way.
<hr></blockquote><p>Me too, but..........I need instructions on how to install factory ones.!!!!!!!
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

I think 1/4 of the city here has them. I seen them on ugly old trucks, crown victoria cars, and even every half of imports here have them.
whinypunk

Post by whinypunk »

i have them on my car. i think they look good, but anyway i got a ticket for them. so i can't really every use them.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ya just dont install them, thats so civicish.... :D
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I like mine. I've had a lot of different pairs over the last year. If you like them, then you like them. :shrug: <p>And, by far the easiest way to install ANY washer nozzle is to remove that metal.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)

Post by Guest »

I have to install them now since my factory ones dont work anymore (since I was pulling and twisting them from the top trying to get them out now there is no fluid going through them) So I should buy stock ones? would they be any easier to install? and you get ticketed for that?

Return to “Appearance”