Headlights... :-)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

Re: Headlights... :-)

Post by Guest »

I'm in...if its reasonable price.........
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Hey monstar, can you make those lights fit without cutting or shaping the actual car??? If so I'd love to see ur work and how you did it...and to the dude who did the photo shop..that is SICK.....I think there is quite a demand out there for lights like that...maybe they could be made so u could pick what color u wanted??? Let's get this going....someone somewhere can make these...I would DEFINITELY be in...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Love the headlights, but what about like the WRX has it and the turnsignal off to the side of the headlight. I really don't like the stock turnsignals.
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

those are amazing, get a dam group buy goin.
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I would consider this if the projectors were of excellent quality. Most likely they should be some Hella 90mm or Audi A6 xenon D2S ones. $700 seems very high though. For that price, I could make my own and have HID lights too.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
az3

Post by az3 »

Ok, I will be getting plastic molds made up tomorrow. There is a carbon fibre option but cost is too high. <p>The housing unit will mount up just like existing MX-3 heads for ease of installation. <p>To answer a few questions..<p>DJPRO, I sprayed the silver area of my Altezza's. My car is an AZ-3, 92 black, 1498cc B5 engine 5spd F25M-R. Black sheep of the MX3 family! I'll post pics as soon as engine swap is complete.<p>mx3man83, I'm sure having them sprayed predefined paint colors is no problem. Black is all i need :) <p>Hy300, call it personal taste, but I think that integrated turn signals would look out of place - I reckon the turns as they are below the heads are perfect. I want to produce the heads inkeeping with Mazda's already tasteful shape and design.<p>Aiden, right on the button. Each unit will house 90mm Hella's, high and low projectors. The price was a rough estimate for once off job. I've put together detailed specs and plan, my aim is quality. I want lamps that are at least as reliable as my Zoom Zoom.<p>I will post a new topic with pics asap. Please continue feedback here cause group buy will generate savings.
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Thanx AZ-3, I hope your swap goes smoothly.<p>later,
dee.Image
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

after seeing that pic im definatly investing in a second set of headlights to tear apart and make fiberglass molds of from this spring. if you can get some before then, no matter the price , im definatly in..<p>awsome work man
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

S'aright, I'd buy them anyway. Black is good for me too
: P
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

I had to shave the head light mx-3 shapes. That easy to do..just need a saw and sand paper. But the the bolt in screws are total different and its its does fit sit correctly...so i have to just a few adjustment...I should have it completed in the next few weeks. I have to find time between my job...and the big time consumer...my wife ;)
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

id much rather see a mx-3 projector headlight w/ wither a black or chrome housing and a clear lens w/ no texture. I dont really like the no lens look ive seen it on some cars around here and it breaks up the lines of the front end too much.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

az3

Post by az3 »

I_love_my_MX-3, I thought of that one already! Get those GTS clear head covers. Since these custom heads will follow the contour of the existing heads, you'll have nice clear lens cover ;)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

AZ-3, If the quality is there, and lots of pics are posted(from every angle out of the car, and installed) and the price comes down a little(around $450.00-$500.00 USD) I will get a set from you. Keep us posted thanks
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ-3:
I_love_my_MX-3, I thought of that one already! Get those GTS clear head covers. Since these custom heads will follow the contour of the existing heads, you'll have nice clear lens cover ;) <hr></blockquote><p>
good point :p well keep us updated. Im in if i have the money @ the time.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Taras

Post by Taras »

Please correct me if I am wrong. I assume that you just took Focus (Hella)headlights (new/wrecked)and molded them on the existing outer lens, blacked it out, smoothed it out and viola. My questions are these. Besides mounting Hella 90/120 mm units at the front through the hole. What mounting options were you utilizing inside. There are four mounting points for Hella units like that. Did you retain adjusting screws that came with projectors? I know you would not being able to use Mazda factory headlight adjusters to adjust the whole healdight assembly together (like in US/Canada) as you are in Europe and have H4 based headlights with internal adjusting reflector. Are you using H7 or H9 units? 90 mm or 120 mm? Lastly, can't see how you could justify the price of 450-500 USD when a set of Hella 90mm H7 units cost max of 120.00 USD, that is 240.00 USD for all four. Another 210-260 USD could only be justified (barely) if you made a whole hew headlight housing. Again, based on assumptions above. Please enlighten.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Appearance”