GTR Spolier on a stock GS spolier????

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
your2slow

GTR Spolier on a stock GS spolier????

Post by your2slow »

hey all just wondering if a GTR spolier can be intergrated with the GS spolier. Has anyone tried this, and if so are there any pics. I know it would be pretty hard to do but i like the GS spolier and I'd think the GTR spolier would look good with it. (i'm thinking it would have to be molded or maybe cut to fit properly.) Let me know what u guys/gals think of this. If no one has done it do u all think it could work? :shrug: :shrug:
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
mx3man83

Re: GTR Spolier on a stock GS spolier????

Post by mx3man83 »

that would loook horrible....any spoiler on top of another spoiler is gaayyy...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

I don't think it would like that bad....Look at the this spoiler with the GTR Spolier....Image<p>The GS doesn't stick out much further then the this one....only difference with them is the GS Wraps around the sides....so if u could intergrate the gs spolier to this don't u think it would look half decent?

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by your2slow:
I don't think it would like that bad....Look at the this spoiler with the GTR Spolier....Image<p>The GS doesn't stick out much further then the this one....only difference with them is the GS Wraps around the sides....so if u could intergrate the gs spolier to this don't u think it would look half decent?<hr></blockquote><p>that doesnt look bad because thats how its suppose to be done
thats not a spoiler thats a hatch garnish with the gtr wing
NoVa<p>Image
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

I c. Well even so, the Hatch garnish doesn't look that much different then the GS spolier. Only real thing that I can tell (mind u can't see this definition due to everything is black in this PIC) is the side wraps around. Maybe i'm wrong and it can't be done with the GS spoiler.<p>[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: your2slow ]</p>

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I guess it depends which GTR wing spoiler you get.<p>Top Mix:
- not possible, it is a 4 peice spoiler and would never fit with the stock spoiler there, even if you somehow molded it together it would look retarded and be a waste of money<p>FX Designs:
- possibly, but molding it together and having it actually look decent would be a challenging task and not worth the trouble if you ask me.<p>Pafeifer:
- it would not fit well a stock spoiler and would look retarded even if you found a way to mold it well<p>OEM:
- may have greater success with an oem GTR wing if you looked around for one that could blend in better to the stock spoiler but it seems hardly worth the trouble to do so<p>
On one other note, I have seen in one case a white mx-3 with a Super-style wing molded into a 94+ GS rear wing, I have pictures of it at home and can post them later tonight. It was done ok I guess however I would done some additional molding to it but still it was unique and looked a lot better than just mounting it on the stock spoiler like I have seen so many like that.
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

mx3vs has a gtr style wing (T2?) on his stock wrap around spoiler, personally I think its the best one ive ever seen :D i guess it all depends on how well the work is done. lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> mx3vs has a gtr style wing (T2?) on his stock wrap around spoiler, personally I think its the best one ive ever seen i guess it all depends on how well the work is done. lates <hr></blockquote>
Do you have any pics of this?

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

I can try to post some old pics of mine.... got some pics before I sold it to MX3VS.
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

I have a few questions about Pak's GTR wing.. I want one for my RS, so would I have to buy the $55 piece, the "add-on spoiler"? <p>it says "add-on spoiler (the little one) info: you must take this one if you will fit the big one!!"<p>And for the GTR Wing it says "rear spoiler addition "new Look", if the orig. rear spoiler exists, then use additional the add-on spoiler"<p>So do I need the 55 dollar one, because I don't have an original spoiler, I just have the black hatch garnish... thanks<p>Also do u know how much shipping would be for that stuff to the U.S.? East coast
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Thanks that would be great.. I really like the GS spolier and would like to see if i can intergrate some kind of spolier on. Pics of someone doing this already would be great

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.

Post by Guest »

The GS spoiler is nice looking on its own, why would you want to bastardize it, besides those huge modified aircraft wings dont really match the natural curves of our cars, let alone ny other car, buy some rims or something.
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

That is a VS wing from the RX-7 VS kit... it was molded on the factor wing cuz theres no other way of getting it on the car... its to match the VS replica kit (FX kit). It is meant for an aggressive look... I got rid of it cuz i want a cleaner JDM look. NEways... pic already posted so i guess I don't need to post .. hehe
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT

Return to “Appearance”