Please help

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Jonnieb

Please help

Post by Jonnieb »

I have a problem with my shifter I don't know if anyone knows how to fix it or they just wont reply to me well anyway I'll tell my problem again My whole shifter falls to the ground when i push hard on it and it's really getting to me cause i have to drive like an old granny so it wont fall does anyone know how to fix it please or at least reply to this so i know people are at least seeing my posts thanks
Spydie

Re: Please help

Post by Spydie »

I have never heard of this happening before. Have you looked under the car to inspect the shifter linkage?
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
mxer4eva

Re: Please help

Post by mxer4eva »

Its actually a really common problem, most people who get a short shifter are the ones who have to suffer from this. IT has actually happened to me, what happens is, where the shifter sits is surrounded by a rubber bushing thatwears out, thus no longer be able to hold the shifter up. Luckly the fix is pretty cheap, just go to your mazda dealership, you need to buy the whole shifter assembly rod. Dont worry it only costs like $72 usd. While you are at it buy a poly-urethane shifter assembly rod stabilizer bushing from GroHarlem only $20 usd and well worth it bushing . ****Remember don't just replace broken parts, Upgrade them****

Let me know if you need a part# if your local dealership doesnt know whats you are talking about.

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: mxer4eva ]</small>
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”