Mobile Video - Any suggestions?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BumpNGlow

Re: Mobile Video - Any suggestions?

Post by BumpNGlow »

ok, I put a tv in my mx-3 not long ago. I have a 6.0" screen in the visor(soon moving to the glovebox), and I have a ps2 also. I have the PS2 under the passenger seat. It fits nicely. the seat still moves 100% like it should, and it doesn't scrape the PS2(scraped once, but I just had to slide the ps2 a lil). I would totally recommend the Ps2 in your car. DVDs, VCDs, games... lots better than the psone. I also mounted the power inverter under the driver's seat. I hard wired it so I can leave the Ps2 on when I want(and save my game progress), or when I wanna turn it off, I simply reach down and flip the switch on the inverter.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

good idea...never thought about putting it under the seat. thanks bumpnglow
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Why does it have to be up FRONT? Actually, I have not taken any measurements, but you might be able to put it (with some slight mods) in the glove compartment.You might also be able to fit it under the seat...I cannot remember how much room is under the seats. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I suggested putting it under the seat...guess you just missed it.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

sorry ranman...i did miss it. my mistake, sorry if i offended you :(
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

haha....no man...no offense....i just wanted credit.....i am greedy like that....just kidding!<P> :)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

wow, all my opinions have alreade been expressed. I can see your thoughts on opting for a PSOne and a Computer for the DVD, but the only thing I would comment on are the games for the PS2. They play all the PSX and PSOne games, and will also play DVD. I have also been thinking about getting a computer and using that for the DVD but I have alot of PS2 games that I like to play. I believe the PS2 is too big for the glove box. Also I agree with NOT fiberglassing the PSOne (or PS2 if you change your mind) into the car at all. it's really not hard to extract the glove compartment so they'd just take the whole thing. <P>My thoughts on a good system:<BR>7 in. IN-Dash motorized montor.<BR>PS2 mounted under seat or integrated into rear sub display.<BR>5.6 in. - 7 in. display in glove box.<BR>Integrated computer system.<BR>DVD-RW or CDRW in glove box.<BR>Monitors in back of headrests.<BR>Fully custom fiberglass and plexiglass sub display in hatch.<BR>One H3LL of a good alarm system.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

BTW, <A HREF="http://www.rsversion.com" TARGET=_blank>www.rsversion.com</A> has some good deals on mobile electronics. Here is a link <A HREF="https://www.rsversion.com/department.asp?DepID=8" TARGET=_blank>RSVersion Mobile Electronics</A>
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

<A HREF="http://www.thezeb.com" TARGET=_blank>thezeb</A> has some 5" emmerson LCDS on sale right now for only 99 bucks<P>and some cheaper ones for 89<P>emmerson is a pretty good brand and the monitors come with a good list of features
NoVa<p>Image
codene

Post by codene »

i got a 7" in dash and i wouldnt trade for anything. got a dvd player in the 2nd din and my ps2 on the passenger floor(ghetto i know) but im soon gonna put the ps2 inside the passenger seat (like the nos in vin diesles rx-7) figrued itd be a bad setup but i wouldnt go any less than a 7" cuz i still complain about the size. i wouldnt be able to do anything less.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Computer is a lot of work to setup, mines running a 15" computer LCD (1024x768!), but with a pc there soo much more expandability, but there's alot, and i mean alot of wiring involved, but it kicks arse. My PC is in the trunk and i got wires comming from the back to the front for:<P>-Power from the A/C Inverter to the LCD (400w dual-outlet inverter, dual-amp wiring kit helped here)<BR>-keyboard extension (i use a wireless LG Flatron keyboard painted to match my car)<BR>-mouse extension (not being used, yet. Im using an ATi Remote Wonder)<BR>-Video extension<BR>-wire that connected a switch to a relay to turn on the A/C inverter thats in the trunk(to be done tomorrow)<BR>-wires for Power and Reset button, HDD and PWR LED's (was installed tonight, cat5 works great here)<BR>-Extension for microphone<BR>-Extension for USB<BR>-Audio cable<P>But i can do so much with a PC<BR>-GPS (i got streets and trips installed, now i never need to ask for directions, all i need is a GPS receiver)<BR>-DVD<BR>-Mp3/WMA<BR>-Divx!!!<BR>-Games<BR>-Voice Recongnition and recording<BR>-Internet<BR>-Wireless network to pull-in-driveway internet/network access to get more songs or go on-the-road networking with a friend that has a pc in his car. You can do some live chat between cars and now use your cell phone minutes<BR>-dozens of Gigs of storage!<BR>-CD Burning (next upgrade is a CDR/DVD combo, i just have DVD-ROM now)<BR>-TV Tuner (ATi AIW Radeon 7500)<BR>-download pics from my digital camera or if you have one, a Digital Camcorder and do some editing, and if you have a CD-R, burn them onto CD<BR>-dash cam with webcam<BR>-hotsync my handspring visor<BR>-its removable for housecalls (i do computer work on the side) or spur-of-the-moment lan parties<BR>-late homework assigmments (a canon BJC-50/55/85 printer might fit nicely under the passenger seat :D)<BR>I only own a Nintendo 64, but im a Huge PC gamer, but a good PS1 emulator will work too :D (Gran Tourismo, woot!)<P>Mine's hardwired too, so i can use it with no keys in the car, but i get no audio until i turn on the deck<P>Plan is to put some sort of screen, like 7" or something, for the rear passengers<P>[ November 21, 2002: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]<p>[ November 21, 2002: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codene:<BR><STRONG>i got a 7" in dash and i wouldnt trade for anything. got a dvd player in the 2nd din and my ps2 on the passenger floor(ghetto i know) but im soon gonna put the ps2 inside the passenger seat (like the nos in vin diesles rx-7) figrued itd be a bad setup but i wouldnt go any less than a 7" cuz i still complain about the size. i wouldnt be able to do anything less.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>if you install it in the seat, make sure you ventilate it well.. don't want that sucker overheating on ya.. you could put some kind of pipe witha fan or something to circulate air through it.. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

that setup 2 posts above sounds like exactly what i wanted to do. i'm training in compsci, and i work in mobile audio/video shop, so it should be no problem for me to put it all in, i have the know-how (i hope)

Return to “Appearance”