What did you do?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
rwstud427

What did you do?

Post by rwstud427 »

i have a black mx-3 and i am looking to get my windows tinted, maybe 25% in back and 30% on sides and was woundering what %% everyone else did. did you tint the lil window in the back? and how much did it cost you to get them tinted so i can see how much im lookin at spending.<BR>would like to see some pics.<BR>thanx<BR>Aaron<BR>1993MX-3RS
Wildman640

Re: What did you do?

Post by Wildman640 »

I have 20% sides, 5% rear, 5% front strip and none on the little window. cost about $110
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

i got 5% on back, 20 on sides and my front is also 5%, the only complaint i have is that at night, that back window is BRUTAL!!!!!!
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

and also they will not tint the little back window because its all little dots and the tint would just bubble around it, and if they will do it, dont get it done, it will look really bad after awhile
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

I worked at a tint shop and the mx-3 is really not to hard to tint (I can tint the whole back window in one piece) I have had all types of different shades of tint I have done 5% on all the windows and 35%on the windsheild but that didn't last to long (I got pulled over in 1 day. lol<P>I would highly suggest finding a place that works with llumar window film.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I got 35% on the sides, and 20% on the rear, none on the top yet. Gonna go to about 2.5% or 5% on the rear, and same on the front windshield
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

lol are you crazy? 5% on your front windshield?
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

The strip @ the top of the windshield, not the entire thing.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
rwstud427

Post by rwstud427 »

how much does this cost you? and how big is the stip on the front? and what is the difference between the llumar film and regular or what ever
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

Llumar window film is just a high quality film. also the companys that use their film are well trained <BR> and if you pay to have the tint installed they usually come with a warranty<BR>they have film that they will warranty for as long as you own the car
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

5% tint in the front got me pulled over too :mad: Ohh well... had to get it fixed
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

i just got my front strip done i dont know how much % is it but the only way to see light thou it is when its really bright out you might see the sun a little traffic are a pain cuz i have too duct to see them
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

sorry traffic lights*
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
rwstud427

Post by rwstud427 »

how big is the strip on the front windshield?(in inches)and does any1 have any pix and how much did all this cost to get the llumar film?
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

normally you canexpect to spend around $45.-$50.00 per window depending on how hard they are to tint.<P>I have a pic here<A HREF="http://miata.cardomain.com/member_pages ... 638&page=7" TARGET=_blank>My Miata</A> of my old Mx-3 in that picture the pasenger and driver side windows are tinted with 50% and the rear is tinted with 5% and I have a 6.5 inch strip(5%) on the front windshield

Return to “Appearance”