headlight (clean/bright) news

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
back alley

headlight (clean/bright) news

Post by back alley »

i was in a parts store today looking for brighter headlite bulbs for better nite driving. was talking to a guy there who said an old trick was to clean up the 'composite'(read plastic)lenses and then coat them with 'future' clear acryllic floor wax. wow! it works great. fills in all the small scratches and clears up the headlites like crazy. i wouldn't believe it if i had not just finished doing it myself. i used a foam paint brush, poured some of this stuff into an old margerine tub and went to work. dries fast, did 2 coats. now to see how long it lasts.<BR>if u try it, let me know how it works for u.<P>ps - i installed these 'simulated hid' lights - the claim to approximate 100watts output. they ARE bright. i can see so much better at nite now. <BR>the difference is clear.<p>[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: back alley ]
back alley

Re: headlight (clean/bright) news

Post by back alley »

so, is this old news? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I think, not 100% sure though, it works just like the compound. I learned the similar thing with compound, applying that on the headlights to make it bright and shinny, and worked great.<P>bungo
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Check appearance faq's. How-tos ae there.
back alley

Post by back alley »

in combination with the compound it works wonders and looks way better than compound alone. at least on my cloudy lenses.

Return to “Appearance”