Pics of painted interior

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Palofpits

Pics of painted interior

Post by Palofpits »

I painted my interior accents to match the exterior,I think it came out nice and definately adds some desperately needed contrast for the interior.<BR>Check out all my new pics at <BR><A HREF="http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotpeppermx3" TARGET=_blank>CARDOMAIN</A><BR> Image<p>[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: Palofpits ]

Re: Pics of painted interior

Post by Guest »

you did a good job man, have you considered painting the rest of the interior a different color? it would definately add to the custom look. either way it looks good!
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

thanks,I'm not sure how wild I wanna go with the interior.<BR>I might do some fiberglassing sometime so I'll have to do some more painting then.<BR>I just do stuff when the mood strikes me and it's an ever evolving process.<BR> :D
Tman

Post by Tman »

I love your car!
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
whinypunk

Post by whinypunk »

what is the red light and button next to your cigarette lighter. i dont have that in my car.
DVH

Post by DVH »

Clean car bro, looks sweet!<BR>lates and keep it up! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

I just did alot of the interior of my car too, you had a good idea to only do the line down the front, I on the other hand did it all and missed parts so I had to tear it all out again and paint what I missed LOL
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

palofpits, that is beautiful....you just saved me some money by making me realize the taupe interior isn't too bad!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

beautiful job man. i suggest you do the rest of the int that isnt green to grey so it matches better. it looks kinda beige/yellowish i believe?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

Also I don't know if you are any good at wiring or the such but if you are you should splice your cig lighter connection so you don't have to have that ugly wire coming out of the front of it.<BR>If you in the GTA area I could come and do it for ya, it's pretty basic s---
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

Thanks again for all the comments.<BR>As for some of the questions,<BR>the button and witch in the console are for my rear wiper.<BR>The car is an rs and I added the hatch from a gs for the spoiler and the wiper,the rocker switch turns the wiper on/off,and the momentary is for the washer.<BR>As for the radar detector cord,that's temporary.<BR>I already have something tapped into the cig lighter wires already and I don't wanna overload that circuit.<BR>I just got a three plug receptical and I'm gonna hardwire that in the glovebox.<BR>Still not sure what to do about the rest of the interior,but I don't really mind the much-loathed biegy color.<BR>But please keep the comments and suggestions coming,I'm always open to new ideas! :)
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea itll definitely look NICE with a flat gray kinda like the gray tone of primer. haha you can maybe primer and then clearcoat it to save on paint! black or white would look nice for your second tone for the interior too because gray, black, and white virtually match with anything. thats why i picked it for my interior. cant wait to paint my car white though.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
william

Post by william »

what kind of paint did you use and where can I get some...my car is green and that would look awesome with my black interior...
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

I had NAPA mix me up some spray cans of the same basecoat as my exterior and used cut-in clearcoat.3 coats of each,thicker coats w/the clear.<BR>They can put any color in a spray bomb for 10.99. :D

Return to “Appearance”