Question on installing Aluminum Wing

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Jutzi420

Re: Question on installing Aluminum Wing

Post by Jutzi420 »

I'm not a fan of the supra-style wing, but I do have to say that it fits the lines of the car better than an aluminum wing.<BR>It's hard to find a good spoiler that fits the mx-3.<BR>Oh, and what's a wrap-around wing? Is it the one that looks kinda like the gs spoiler, only it's raised up a bit?
DVH

Post by DVH »

i liek the fx cuz it goes with the rear hatch!<BR>looks pretty cool i think! <BR>and from the front, when the car is comming at u, looks mean!<BR>i think unless u have a rear wheel drive car, aluminum wings are stupid, just my 2 cents though!<BR> Image Image
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

i had the stock wing and it was to boring hence i installed the wing i did and i had tons of good comments on my wing...oh well everyone has there own tastes in life....and yes my wing does fit the hatch just right...thx<BR>=P
yeloboy

Post by yeloboy »

dont listen to any of these people.<BR> throw the aluminum on, i did it to mine and it looks cleaner than any other spoiler iv'e seen on a mx-3.and no it wont go threw the glass, you have about 4-5 inces of metal to drill in behind the glass and under the stock spoiler :D
INFAMOUS YELOBOY
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

yeloboy do you have the Corksport metal garnish or just the stock plastic one? If you have the stock plstic one, it squeaks and shakes as you drive. The down force of the spoiler is enough to make the plastick garnish flex. So it squeaks. <BR>Import Goddess if you're going to get an aluminuium wing, try to get the metal garnish.<BR>My opinion of an aluminum wing is, you just don't know how much longer it will be cool for. :cool: <P>one
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

its everyones own taste on there own car so install the wing u would like IG....hey Ebucks did u say corksport has oem rear hatch garnish? cause iam looking for one<BR>fanx
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

I swapped my GS type spoiler with MAZDAGIRL for her hatch garnish and then put on a touring wing. We met at one of our Toronto meets and did the swap within an hour. Check my page, cuz my pic didn't work above <A HREF="http://ebucks0.tripod.com/bucksmx3/id1.html" TARGET=_blank>http://ebucks0.tripod.com/bucksmx3/id1.html</A> <BR>Bud a hatch garnish is $350 CDN from Mazda. That's crazy. :eek: I think it's Corksport who has a metal garnish that can be mounted over the existing garnish or replace the garnish. I don't know the price. I know that canadian ice has one. If you just want the stock garnish try a wreckers, or come out to a Toronto meet and see if somebody wants to swap your GS spoiler for their garnish. Just don't pay $350 for the garnish. <P>one
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

yea i checked out corksport and cant seem to find any garnish on there page...i need any rear hatch garnish bad that covers where my gs wing use to be...cause i installed a wrap around super style wing and my stock wing blocked it so i had to remove the oem wing...now i have holes on my hatch....and yea 350 is kwazy for a stock piece of metal<BR>=/<P>Canadian Ice???....got one?
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR>Hmmmm.... Well I think my Supra Spoiler kicks azz!!!! I have had lots of comments on how good its looks on my car and it really compliments the body lines of my car..Oh yea....it's MY car and I could seriously care less if you like it or not!! just my two cents..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know it's your car. I never said it wasn't, BUT I AM allowed to say whatever I want here, so that's just what I did.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Yeah canadian ice has one. But you don't need the metal garnish if you have the super style spoiler. Just try to check a wreckers. Or get that Kitchener meet going and see if anyone wants to swap. <P>one
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

hey ebucks...you saying there is two pieces to that garnish?..hehe...iam sorta lost...when i removed my stock gs spoiler it looks wierd cause i have holes where it was mounted so i need a piece called the garnish right?...to cover it up?...cause my new spoiler doesnt cover it and i've also checked over 10 wreckers from all over and cant seem to find it....but fanx for the help though....<BR>lastly the kitch meet might be a good idea if someone has one to offer....hopefully...u interested in showing?<P>wake up Canadian Ice<BR>=)<BR>take care for now
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aiden:<BR><STRONG><P>I know it's your car. I never said it wasn't, BUT I AM allowed to say whatever I want here, so that's just what I did.<P>~A</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BR> So what you are saying is my car looks like a joke right?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

93emeraldgs. Im willing to trade my garnish for your spoiler. email me and will talk about it. corkygizzard@hotmail.com
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Yeah wake up canadian ice! :D <P>one
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG> <BR> So what you are saying is my car looks like a joke right?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't think joke is the word I would use, but to me I think those wings make the car dumb. Where I live, there is a red MX-6 with one of those, and I know not one person that likes it other than the dude with the car.<P>I don't care that you have it, I was just saying I don't like it. I can do that.<P>I dont take those wings seriously because I can't see how they would ever give you anything but drag. If it doesn't resemble an upside-down airplane wing then it wont do anything other than look good, or not.<P>Anyways, have fun with you're car man. :)<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)

Return to “Appearance”