Question on installing Aluminum Wing

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

Question on installing Aluminum Wing

Post by Guest »

I am going to have an Aluminum wing attached to my MX-3 But What is under the hatch garnish, and will it crack when they try to drill holes in it? Also on the inside of the hatch does that plastic piece come off? or do they have to drill a hole all the way through that as well?? I am thinking of getting the APR V-Spec Wing. Please help!
Palofpits

Re: Question on installing Aluminum Wing

Post by Palofpits »

WHY!Aluminum wings on the mx-3 are way outta place!! :roll: <BR>Save your $$$ for a real mod.<BR>Just my opinion though,if you want a stepladder hanging off the back of your mx,then go for it. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]

Post by Guest »

Then what should i put? i am a spolier kind of girl, and I hate the supra style. I am going with the combat body kit, should i just install the spolier too?
NYmx3power

Post by NYmx3power »

go with a GTR wing thats what i'm going to get when i get enough money!
NYmx3power

Post by NYmx3power »

go with a GTR wing thats what i'm going to get when i get enough money!
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

Stock GS Wing or the canadian wrap around wings are the best ones. The rest are outdated, heavy, and ugly.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

i have a wrap around as u can see...its not bad fit and looks decent....as for the plastic underneath the hatch can be removed...and the hatch can be drilled..just make sure there is support.<P> Image
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

thats the supra style wing. Wraparound was a stock spoiler on some Canadian models.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

My opinion those wings make the car look funny from the side view.
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

I still think noone has come up with a wing that matches the lines of the car better than the stock gs wing.<BR>But(and I know I'm probably gonna take some sh1t for saying this)bodykits and spoilers are for looks only.<BR>Generally speaking they make your car less roadworthy(ever go over a speedbump or construction in a ground-pounder?)<BR>Lowering the car is great,because you get a low look AND enhance performance.<BR>Lower your ride,get some nice rollers and use your cash to make your car GO!<BR>Real car people will care much more about what your car can do,than what it looks like sittin' still. ;)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I think the Supra style wing is the worst EVER spoiler invented. I don't know what it is, but it just makes the car look like a joke. I cant even see how that would add any performance gains; more like de-formance drops with lots of drag. Aluminum wings look wicked (definately not as ugly as others may think) as long as they are not HUGE. In my opinion if you keep them low to the back of the body, it'll resemble a better "stock-like" spoiler with gains.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Hey i use to think the aluminum ones were gay at first, but they kinda grow on you. If thats what u want, go for it!! Also, since u asked about the drilling and stuff, i have had to do some modifying to make my spoiler fit so i know what im talkin about. The plastic piece on the inside does come off, its just kinda frustrating the first time u do it. Also, u can drill through it and it does give plenty of support for a spoiler. Good luck! If u have any questions, ask me here or hit me up on AIM.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
NYmx3power

Post by NYmx3power »

how about not having a spoiler all together. i think mx-3 look better with a bodykit without a spoiler. i don't think i'm going to put a spoiler on mine
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

What about a touring wing . . .<BR> Image <P>hope that worked.<P>one
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aiden:<BR><STRONG>I think the Supra style wing is the worst EVER spoiler invented. I don't know what it is, but it just makes the car look like a joke. I cant even see how that would add any performance gains; more like de-formance drops with lots of drag. Aluminum wings look wicked (definately not as ugly as others may think) as long as they are not HUGE. In my opinion if you keep them low to the back of the body, it'll resemble a better "stock-like" spoiler with gains.<P>~A</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Hmmmm.... Well I think my Supra Spoiler kicks azz!!!! I have had lots of comments on how good its looks on my car and it really compliments the body lines of my car..Oh yea....it's MY car and I could seriously care less if you like it or not!! just my two cents..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “Appearance”