Protege-mx-3 bumper buyers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
2.5mx3

Re: Protege-mx-3 bumper buyers

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Okay, 6" clears it is! I'll also be happy to send more money to Oscar if Onderground can get a good deal on them.<P>Eric, a question about the ground clearance again: You mentioned to me that you planned to make the new bumper about 2" lower than stock. Is this 2" lower than the stock MX-3 bumper *without* the front spoiler? That spoiler adds (I think) a little over an inch to the depth of the bumper, so adding another 2" to that --plus lowering the car -- would probably put the bumper on the ground!<BR>Oh, and I don't think the grill is a big deal. Any mesh grill will do. Mazda's is way too expensive...<P>I can't wait to see pics next week!
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

2", does that mean the front will look wierd witout and sideskirts?? I have mud gaurds on all fours, and i lined up a 2 inch lower line to my stock rs bumper, it wont go lower than the front mud gaurds, but will it look wierd without sideskirts? just wondering opinions before I purchase
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

imo all body kits look weird w/out sideskirts. it will be quite a bit lower than your sides
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I_love_my_MX-3:<BR><STRONG>imo all body kits look weird w/out sideskirts. it will be quite a bit lower than your sides</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't think it's gonna look bad. It will look a little plain without some skirts, but it'll be alright. Those Mazda OEM skirts like the ones on Oscar's car seem to match the P5 bumper pretty well... but like everything else Mazda, the price is sky-high.<BR>It'd be great if Onderground could design some similar side skirts.
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

onderground

Post by onderground »

Of course... a front without side . there is missing somethin.... like a cherry on a sundae<P>Well We can sell our wonderfull mx-3 side skirt in this package for 230$ Us, they may look similar as the fx design but they are better quality, ask ANTO<P>Or maybe there is some plan for custom sideskirt after the front. Of course you need to do a little effort to help oscar on that project!<P>I will get those fogs next week, I ordered a pâir and you will see them soon
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

I say we go CUSTOM, why get something that people already have....(my opinion)
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Jesus !!<P>I just finished reading all of page four! I couldn't believe how many posts!! :cool: <P>so I guess this will go pretty fast!<BR>I cant wait for the pics, not to mention next SUMMER!!!! Hot chicks every where,
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

Hey Oscar, just wondering if you know that on PayPal you could transfer the money to your bank account to get it out. Obviously for a small fee... so wait for the big lump sum to arrive from all the payee's who PayPal their money then do it.<P>Just wondering if you knew... let me know if you need help I can send you the link on how.<P>Other topic: <P>ARG! That bumper looks so good!! I want one except I have $4000 owing on my car...<P>I know it's gonna be about $800 after this group buy... but if we threw together another group buy later down the road would the price be less than $800? Sounds like I just answered my question but I just awoke from a good sleep.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I believe the deal was 10 at a time.<BR>when we have ten orders together we can start another group buy.<P>Oyther than that, I believe Eric will be selling them for $800<BR>When spring time comes and everyone sees how good this is gonna look...I caqn bet were gonna sell dozens!!!<P>Keep on molding Eric!! :D
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Update!<P>Quote:<BR>Hi Oscar<BR> <BR>Im leaving tuesday morning, im going at ottawa, kingston, cownwall and smith fall for some work<BR>Ill be back thursday night, I will be able to post some picture cuz the car should be started.. I gave all picture to the shop and shown them exactly what to be done..<BR> <BR>you still call me, ill be over the cell phone<BR> <BR>So when I get back, ill show you what is it!<BR> <BR>thanks<BR> <BR> <BR>Eric Bélec <A HREF="http://www.onderground-design.com" TARGET=_blank>www.onderground-design.com</A>
OSKY

2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Awesome, can't wait to see the first pics! Thanks for keeping us informed. :)
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

Yes Me Too......I think its going to be the best front bumper for the Mighty MX....yet!
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ANXIOUSLY awaiting pics! I can wait to see what we have working. I went to the Mazda dealer yesterday to look at the bumper. My intercooler should just fit in that opening :) Anyone know what the actual dimention of that lower opening is?<p>[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

hey guys i think im a little behind on the times... whats the deal with this new bumper design!??<P>gimme some info!<BR> :D
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green

Post by Guest »

well its obvioualy adapted from the protege5 front bumper, its being made by onderground design, theres only 10 being made initially, i think there is still some available, they are $420usd if your interested, theres alot more info in the previous posts.

Return to “Appearance”