Bent Rims

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
phyzy

Bent Rims

Post by phyzy »

Hi,<BR>Thanks to the great construction of the Chicago city roads, I have managed to bend one of my Borbet rims to the point of where all air leaks out right away. After taking it to NTB and JustTires, I was refused service because apparently aluminum wheels will crack if they are bent back into shape. They suggested I buy 4 new rims, how convenient, they just happen to sell new rims too! I know there has to be some solution to bent alloy/aluminum wheels besides trashing them and buying new ones.
Tman

Re: Bent Rims

Post by Tman »

you can buy just ONE rim, instead of four. But other than that, there isn't any fixing you can do.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
phyzy

Post by phyzy »

Ok, let's say I can't even buy one rim because I can't find anywhere that sells that same pattern. The bend is not that bad, very slight. Nothing I can do about it huh? Anyone else with this problem?
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phyzy:<BR><STRONG>Hi,<BR>Thanks to the great construction of the Chicago city roads, I have managed to bend one of my Borbet rims to the point of where all air leaks out right away. After taking it to NTB and JustTires, I was refused service because apparently aluminum wheels will crack if they are bent back into shape. They suggested I buy 4 new rims, how convenient, they just happen to sell new rims too! I know there has to be some solution to bent alloy/aluminum wheels besides trashing them and buying new ones.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They only told you that because they don't have the proper equipment to repair it. Look in your phone book for a Rim repair shop, a proper place should be able to fix it for you assuming the damage isn't too bad.<P>I dented two of my rims in Toronto here over the past 2 years. One of them was too damaged to repair so I replaced it, the other they were able to repair and when it was fixed it was like brand new again and has stayed in perfect shape ever since.<P>If you do have to buy a new rim, just get the one. There is no reason to buy 4 new ones unless you want spare rims. Sounds to me the place is just trying to con more money out of you.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

i got yuo beat. ive got 2 rims bent by the same damn pothole.. :mad: well im in the process of getting coppell to fix it. im callingtomorrow to see if i can get the ins number and do this myself otherwise i think theyre going to screw me.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Tman

Post by Tman »

actually this happened to my friend, and he got the city to pay for a new rim. So try reporting this, and get on there a-- about it before you go out and spend money on new rims.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Some cities it's easy to get them to pay for it.<P>However for me I could never get any straight answers for Toronto. I tried for quite a while to get the city to pay for it but just always kept getting transfered around, never ever getting a straight answer. Eventually I just gave up because it wasn't worth all the heacache and hassle trying to track down the right people.<P>Next time I think what I will do is just sue the city, take them to small claims court, is that possible to do?
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i dont know if you can take them to claims court but ill try if i have to. i mean it bent to rims same spot same side. plus one tire has to be replaced and im going to get them to have it aligned and replace any shocks and struts that might have been screwed up. the bad thing is that these rims are very durable. there 17x7.5 i think konig rated r's. so yeah im a bit pissed off right now.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

My friend's dad, who is a cop, bent one of his car's rims on a pothole in the city he works in. He tried, but even HE couldn't get them to pay for it...

Return to “Appearance”