need help with paint/dye

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
polak_gino

need help with paint/dye

Post by polak_gino »

Hey guys!! I need some help<P>Ok I painted some of my interior about a month ago. Its all looking good but I'm having one problem. I painted the door sill thing that is at the bottom when you open the door. The door seal is sticking to it and keeps on ripping more and more paint off. All the other peices are ok because they don't get touched but these pieces are pissing me off.<P>Ok heres my question, because I want to paint some more pieces in the near future. Ok with the remianing pieces should <BR>I paint them or spend more money and buy the dye. When I painted I didnt sand and didn't put primer, but I put several thin coats of paint and several clear coats. Now can someone tell me how this dye stuff works, because I was reading the back and it says u spray it and wipe it off the peice after?<P><BR>So should I just sand and primer the pieces? or buy the dye? how many coats of dye do i put?<P>oh and how do I get the paint off the pieces I already painted so I can do them again??<P>PLEASE HELP ME!!! LOL THANKS GUYS
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed

Re: need help with paint/dye

Post by Guest »

Sand and primer the pieces, it'll work A LOT better.
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

so to take off all the paint I already sprayed on, should i just sand it all off?<P>with wat grit paper, and wat about the areas ahere i cant get my fingers in to sand? will the primer stick to that ( clear coat)
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
the bone stock kid

Post by the bone stock kid »

the first time i did my interior i didnt even bother sanding, i figured it would be alright... big mistake. there were chips everywhere in like a months time. so I just sanded it (finished with 220 grit) and layed the coats on. at first it was a rough finish so i just smoothed it with a 400 grit, then repainted it. it turned out great. no chips at all! as for the paint still on the stuff you painted, i'd recommend sanding it all off because sooner or later its gonna start chipping and you wont like that too much lol. later
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

Dye it next time, if you want to do a permanent job you need to do it right. Dye won't chip because it soaks in rather than just coating the top. Try <A HREF="http://www.fitzgeraldsrestoration.com" TARGET=_blank>Fitzgeralds</A>, I'm a pro and that's where i get my supplies, you can probably get a how-to book too.
¤Kelli¤

Return to “Appearance”