Gunmetal rims on Black Mx-3

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
TopGun

Gunmetal rims on Black Mx-3

Post by TopGun »

What do you guys think... would a 6 spoke gunmetal rims actually look good on a black car?<P>Does anyone have any pics of what it would look like?<P>Rob.
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
roly_39

Re: Gunmetal rims on Black Mx-3

Post by roly_39 »

Black or "gun metal" rims may be the latest craze but there's a black integra around here with lots of goodies (17" gunmetal rims, drop kit, body kit, custom hood, etc...)and everybody finds his car was nicer with his old 17" rims (i forget if they were aluminum or chrome). Just my 2 cents.
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

The Problem with gun metal or black rims is that upclose they look good but from far away it looks like you have cheap "steel" rims on. Pretty much you spend 1000$ on rims and looks like from far away like you could use some hov, hop caps <--- (spelled right?)<P>Just a thought
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
spiral

Post by spiral »

if you look at them from a distance they look like old, ugly and dirty rims.<BR>bottom line.......... there no good.<P>thats how i see it! :roll:
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

they look good. My friend just got some 17" gunmetal rims on his civic and they look bad a--. They dont look like cheap rims they look awesome. I like gunmetal, white, and silver but chrome is ugly. Id say go for the gunmetal.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

definately gunmetal <BR>they look good <BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I've never really liked colored rims. Whether it is black, red or whatever, most cars can never pull it off.<P>The only exception maybe is white rims, white rims looks good on darker colored cars like black or anything else fairly dark.<P>But other colors just never look good, especially if you match your rims with your paint job. I saw purple Integra with purple rims once, YUKKK!!!!
mx32b

Post by mx32b »

I think gun metal wheels look real nice up close when your just looking at the wheel itself, but when they're on a car, the color of them really works against every other color you'll see on a car. It's like having 4 black holes in the side of a car, I don't like them myself.
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

I would have to agree that the gunmetal/black rims look like "donuts" or just stock wheels without hubcaps from far away. Very ugly in my opinion, and a waste of $. But it doesn't really matter what we think. If you like them, then go ahead and buy them.
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.

Return to “Appearance”