Question for the Tinto-matic tinters out there

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bluefirert

Question for the Tinto-matic tinters out there

Post by bluefirert »

well, seeing as how pennsylvania has dropped all tint laws, and i wanted to tint my windows anyway, i'll probably be getting it done in the near future. i just have one question for those of you who have already tinted your windows- what did you do to the honeycomb-like application on your back window? i'm not even sure what it is.. mazda's half-a$$ed attempt at tinting but whatever it is it's a pain in the a$$ and i dont think that tint would look right over it.
heatherc

Re: Question for the Tinto-matic tinters out there

Post by heatherc »

RU serious??? PA dropped all the laws? nice ...that was the only thing keeping me from tinting mine...i dunno where i will go...but it's on my list to do now... :D <P>Heather
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

The dot matrix on the back window? Yeah it looks crappy...just get a dark enough tint that it looks alright. I did 15% all around.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

they told me that could not be tinted<BR>i bought the rear hatch shade thingy<BR>also you could get a vynal strip and cover it that way<P>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
bluefirert

Post by bluefirert »

could you just razor blade it all off?
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

mine didnt look to bad after it was tinted, but i still got the strip to cover it. looks pretty sweet.
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

The tint job itself was really nice for me but where does little "bumps" are on the mx-3 rear hatch, the tint didn't stick much to that part greating millions of tiny little bubles (you can see them if you look very closely). :(
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I had mine done by a local tint shop and they gave the typical answer that you can not tint that part, B-------t!!! You can tint it and I made them redo with the tint on the bubbled stuff and it looked fine actually alot better than when they first did it.<P>Dont let them tell you otherwise a good tint shop will be able to tint it.<p>[ June 28, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

the tint shop where mine was done never even tried to give me any bull$hit about it. They went ahead and tinted it with no hassle what so ever
tonymx3

Post by tonymx3 »

hey, make sure u get llumar tint or another scratch resistant tint just in case..... and yeah, i got 5% in the back and 15% on the sides as well as 5% on the front windsheild (top 6inches) and it looks sweet!
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS<BR>TONY MX3
DDO49

Post by DDO49 »

Well i guess I got screwed then when I had my hatch tinted they 1.forgot to clean the window =( 2. said they can't tint over the bubbled section, but when I got it they tinted half way up on the bubbles, since it was only 80 bucks I didn't b---- at them but Was kind of $#%^#^$& of them.
G-Force body kit, 17 inch TSW's, custom sterio and soon swap for KLZE

Return to “Appearance”