headlight polish in toronto area

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
vuduben

headlight polish in toronto area

Post by vuduben »

i know this has been up a lot so i'll keep it short. headlights are blurry yellow, spent an hour walking around walmart, walked out with no blue magic plastic polish... someone in the are please tell me what you have used, and gotten results with.<P>thanx<BR>vuduben :D
fictionaldaydream

Re: headlight polish in toronto area

Post by fictionaldaydream »

I used bluemagic, but I didn't find it at wal mart. I found mine at autozone. :D
vuduben

Post by vuduben »

thanx for the help but i was looking for some one in the Toronto Ontario Canada area and what they have found up here
mmeers

Post by mmeers »

I like Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner and MGCP-Polish, but never see it in stores. I bought them on-line (http://www.meguiars.com) for $6.25 each.<P>Check the other post from a couple of days ago (how do I clean my headlights - or something) for pictures of the results. Later...
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

yah I walked around walmart for the same amount of time but did not find the blue magic stuff. I called every other auto store in regina can't find the stuff. Whats up with that? is that blue magic stuff not available in canada? Looked on the blue magic site and they did not have such a product listed. What else do I use then.
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
Shades

Post by Shades »

Do you have a Lordco Auto Parts there?... that's where I found Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish. Blue Magic not found in Canada... well at least to my knowledge.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

is the blue magic stuff to make the lights clear? or just to clean them? cuz from what ive heard.. to get rid of the blurry yellow you have to contact a mazda dealership and buy a whole new assembly.. thanks [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
~Alisha
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I was never able to find any plastic polish stuff at Canadian Tire.<P>I did however find 3M plastic polish at a Napa Auto Parts store.
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

I looked in my canadian tire special order catalog and found atwo products that will probably work but have to be order in. Meguiar's Clear plastic cleaner m1708 and Meguiar's Clear plastic Cleaner/Polish m1808 anybody used any of these? What should I buy. Also found a product by Mothers Plastic polish,, cleans automotive plastics and acrylics. What to buy? what will work?
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Just a tip - check this site:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.canadiantire.ca" TARGET=_blank>http://www.canadiantire.ca</A> <P>Saves you wandering around the store [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Mazda_stud, get both the of the Meguiar's Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish. It works great, we've used them on a few MX-3s now. Use the Cleaner first and then the Polish. There's actually a Plastic Detailer from Meguiar's as well which you won't even need at all. Never tried the Mother's Plastic Polish, but should be just as good as Meguiar's.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
jinu_chang

Post by jinu_chang »

3m stuff worked good for me as well.. u can pick that up at Candian tire.. if not there then call 3m there based in London Ontario. But they will tell you what stores carry there suppies. UAP carries 3m stuff as well.. there are lots in Toronto
back alley

Post by back alley »

meguiars is available at canadian tire here in edmonton. also, read the labels on the metal polishes too, some of them say can be used on plastic. i bought 'autosol' metal polish (says ok for plastic) & it worked fine.
dudley

Post by dudley »

I was told to use a polish for heavy oxidation. Tried it and worked great. Lights look like new. :D

Return to “Appearance”