How to take out interior parts.......

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

How to take out interior parts.......

Post by Guest »

Hey guys, I'm ready to pain my interior, got all the paint and clear coats, I was just wondering how you get some of the dash pieces and door pieces out? I have a 93 GS so its no the "round" looking dash like Barry has. Thanks a lots for your help guys =)<P>Matt
xtcme

Re: How to take out interior parts.......

Post by xtcme »

It's fairly easy, take a small flathead screwdriver and pry the vents starting at the top. This should work for all three, they just sorta pop out. The doors, depend on if you have auto or man windows. I have auto so here goes... there are 3 screws I think (1) by the door lock (2) inside where you pull to close the door (3) on the cloth part by the touch button. I think theres another one on the passenger side. The door pops off if you grab it from the bottem and pull. There will be some resistance because it's held on by those plastic tabs. Lift up a little and there ya go, unplug any wires and your good to go.<P>Dave
o69er, o69er, we got wh*res in the city, we need backup now!
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

Has anyone actually gotten the whole dash off? I cant even get an interior customizing place to take mine off. They said it was too much of a pain. And Mine will not come off!!! I screwed with mine for a good 2 or 3 weeks and didn't even get close to getting it off.
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
xtcme

Post by xtcme »

Heh heh, did you you look at jeff's site? The exploded view in the manual almost made me explode! Anyway, someone speak up, I'm doin' it this weekend.<P>Dave
o69er, o69er, we got wh*res in the city, we need backup now!

Post by Guest »

Thanks guys, I'm going for a laser blue exterior with a silver interior. I'll start working on the easy parts, doors, vents, etc. tomorrow, and hopefully figure out how to get the dash out.
Oryuki

Post by Oryuki »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX3_Racer120:<BR><STRONG>Thanks guys, I'm going for a laser blue exterior with a silver interior. I'll start working on the easy parts, doors, vents, etc. tomorrow, and hopefully figure out how to get the dash out.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly what are you aiming to take out of your car? I have taken everything apart with the exception of the dashboard itself. Hit me up in email or instant messenger. I'll see what I can do to help ya.<P>email: rmwilcox@comcast.net<BR>AIM: oryukix
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

there was a civic in Super Street and the dude painted the dash while it was installed in the car....so thats an option. I thibnk its just a matter of masking everything off.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, just sticking tape around everything thats not gonna be painted. I'll see what works best. =)
Oryuki

Post by Oryuki »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I_love_my_MX-3:<BR><STRONG>there was a civic in Super Street and the dude painted the dash while it was installed in the car....so thats an option. I thibnk its just a matter of masking everything off.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Jesus that would suck. Hah. It takes me less than 5 minutes to have the entire interior peiced out. So, for the time it takes to mask crap off, which probably wouldnt look as nice - it isnt worth it.<P>Just my 10cents (you know, my 2cents is free, grin)<P>Ryan
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

yea i definitely dont recommend you mask things off and paint inside, besides making your car smell like paint for longer and risking suffocation, you just wouldnt do as good of a job. Individualize the parts for the best and longest lasting look.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oryuki:<BR><STRONG><P>Jesus that would suck. Hah. It takes me less than 5 minutes to have the entire interior peiced out. So, for the time it takes to mask crap off, which probably wouldnt look as nice - it isnt worth it.<P>Just my 10cents (you know, my 2cents is free, grin)<P>Ryan</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly how do you do that. I mean I can take most things off, except the dashboard. And if I could I would try to swarp my 92 dash for the 95 rounded dash :)
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

You can take everything out and the dash board too, but I could not get mine out. There is a metal frame under the dash that connects alot of major parts. It seems like you have to take that apart to get the dash off. I might be wrong, but I did not want to mess with it. But every other pannel in the car comes out w/ no problem. You just have to start taking things apart at the console inbetween the seats once you get that out work your way up from there. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli

Return to “Appearance”