Your opinion on CF, Chrome or Black Altezzas?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
insomniac

Your opinion on CF, Chrome or Black Altezzas?

Post by insomniac »

hello there fellas, i havent been on here for awhile (i doubt anybody remembers me) i want some opinions. i have a blaze red 92' mx3 and i cant decide on what kind of tail lights to get. chrome/black/CF altezza's? the reason i havent been on is becouse some dumb basterd hit my mx when i was at a stop light and it took a really long time of fighting in court to get it fixed. now that i have cash i want to fix it up. right now i have a set of gunmetal Velox and TenzoR Menace 6 silver rims. im leaning more towards the CF altezza's to match the gunmetals. all opinions would be greatlly appriciated and pics as well. Thank you! Sorry for the long post..
robert
Steeb

Re: Your opinion on CF, Chrome or Black Altezzas?

Post by Steeb »

im from cali too and i know if u get them u'll be in court paying fix it fines... anyhow stock tailights rule!!! :D
insomniac

Post by insomniac »

have you gotten fix it tickets for them? or know someone who has? i dont see any mx3's out here in L.A. at all and especially none fixed up.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

stay with stock lights.... everyone and their grandfather have altezzas nowadays. Just today I saw a guy driving a brand new civic and he had them. he looked like he was 90
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Its friday at 5pm (time to get off) so i appologize if you've already answered....

what color is your car? :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

His car is blaze red. But I say stay with the stock tail lights too, altezzas are overrated and in my opinion dont even look good.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

IMO, if anything, go with black or CF lights. i like black, and would go with those any day since they're cooler than chrome (i have chrome, and may paint them some day).. :shrug: but CF hood means CF lights might look cool. up to you tho. and the lights arent illegal if you change the blinkers to amber ($4 at autozone or kragen). i did that on mine, but never got pulled over beforehand. good luck!
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
mb3k

Post by mb3k »

IMO the altezzas for the mx3 looks really good, chrome, black, and carbfib. Most other Altezzas for cars look really cheapy.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

I suggest a CF set of altezzas, i believe that would be the best looking one on a blaze red mx3.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Originally posted by Steeb:
.....u'll be in court paying fix it fines.....
As long as they have the reflector around the back-up light they're legal.

The only thing they are missing as per NHTSA regulations is the side reflector, but they don't need it because we have one on the bumper.

So, they're legal.

If you don't belive me, read the NHTSA regulations for taillights. They assign a number and letter code to each taillight, and the altezzas have every letter but one - the side reflector - but they don't need it to pass because our rear bumper side markers have a reflector in them.

~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
insomniac

Post by insomniac »

im going with the carbon fibers. yeah its blaze red. this is my thing for the car, CF tail lights, gunmetal rims, and hopefully look for a CF hood thats about it and look for the OEM front lip and OEM wing. i love the look of stock, not too much and not to little. the reason i opted for altezza's(non-chrome) is becouse my tail light is busted and all i have is a rag as my red light so instead of buying stock ill just go aftermarket. plus i love the way the round lights look at night reminds me of a FC/D
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Originally posted by insomniac:
im going with the carbon fibers. yeah its blaze red. this is my thing for the car, CF tail lights, gunmetal rims, and hopefully look for a CF hood thats about it and look for the OEM front lip and OEM wing. i love the look of stock, not too much and not to little. the reason i opted for altezza's(non-chrome) is becouse my tail light is busted and all i have is a rag as my red light so instead of buying stock ill just go aftermarket. plus i love the way the round lights look at night reminds me of a FC/D
Yeah, they do look good at night.

More of a cherry-orange red when the brakes are not applied.

~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”