painting the dash

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MattsGirl9500

painting the dash

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

Well, I just got done painting all the pieces that come out of the dash. I painted them chameleon and sparkly blue, now i just need to put it all back together.. ill put pictures of it up later.. can anyone tell me exactly how to get the vents out of a 93??? i just put tape around them and painted them, but maybe if someone will tell me i can take them out and do a better job.. thanks :D mattsgirl9500@hotmail.com
~Alisha
Oryuki

Re: painting the dash

Post by Oryuki »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alisha:<BR><STRONG>Well, I just got done painting all the pieces that come out of the dash. I painted them chameleon and sparkly blue, now i just need to put it all back together.. ill put pictures of it up later.. can anyone tell me exactly how to get the vents out of a 93??? i just put tape around them and painted them, but maybe if someone will tell me i can take them out and do a better job.. thanks :D mattsgirl9500@hotmail.com </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I will email this to you as well, but answer it publically incase someone else needs to know. <P>The side vents, you can <B>carefully</B> put a flat head screw driver under the bottom of it and pry up. It will take a little bit of pressure to get it out, but the entire casing should come apart. From this point it should be pretty straight forward, but you will have one top clip and two side clips if I remember correctly.<P>The middle vent, you need to pull a bunch of stuff out to get to this. First, take off the console peice that has the armrest. I believe this is 4 screws. Next, you take off your shifter knob and the plastic peice that goes around the boot (the boot will come with it, as it is held in with about 4 screws underneath (fyi). There are 2 "hidden" screws behind the ashtray, the others are obvious for this step. Next, the peice around the radio needs to come off. It, is held on by 2 screws at the top, and 4 pressure clips. If you can tug something off with a little pressure, look again for screws (meaning if its bending, stop and look again). At this point, i believe the middle vent pulls right out. Make sure you unhook the wires for the AC control from the back, then push the entire button out toward the inside of the car.<P>If you have any other questions, contact me directly as I have more or less torn apart the entire inside of the car.<P>Ryan<BR>rmwilcox@comcast.net<BR>AIM = oryukix

Return to “Appearance”