ideas on the interior

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
natural born honda killer

ideas on the interior

Post by natural born honda killer »

ok im playin with ideas since my engines in and somewhat done. well i was thinking about getting a yellow fiberglass custom speaker box that fills and hugs everything in the back. then get everything including the dash, doors, the back panels etc.... covered in a yellow suede. then im going to get a roll cage and probably do it in black. then put some screens in the sun visors after i cover them in yellow suede. then get a flip up and out dvd tv screen where the radio is and put a ps2 in the glove box. and then maybe a flip down digital equalizer maybe on the ceiling in the back where the hard black plastic isand have it facing out the back so i could look at it from the back outside and tune it or something :). and last but not least some black and yellow racing seats. anyways these are just some ideas i was having and wondering what you guys think about it.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
VizualXTC

Re: ideas on the interior

Post by VizualXTC »

I like everything except the 3 screens. If you have the one in the front, then why have the 2 in the visors? I'd do one or the other. Just kinda seems like overkill. I saw this PT Cruizer at an auto show that had 9 screens in it all together. Looked like s--- in my oppinion. But hey, it's your car dood. If you like it, then that's all that really matters. The rest sounds awesome.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

thanks for the advice. the only reason i was thinking of the 3 screens was because that way i dont have to put screens in the seats so the people in the back can still see. cause i was thinking that if i got the one where the radio is then the people in the back could see that and if i was in traffic (and in dallas its a nice creep along pace of like 5 feet an hour :( ) so i wouldnt be watching it while im driving. im not that dumb. but plus i figured i eould be able to see the screen better if i did have one in each visor. but yeah thanks for the info and ill keep it in mind when i start to do this. <P>thanks
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

actually, instead of yellow suede on the dash, yellow paint or fiberglass would look better. if your entire interior was a fabric, it'd like kind of crappy....yellow suede would look good on the seats and the fabric panels on the doors and quarter panels...everything else should be a fiberglass to keep up with the imports of today....that's if you're planning to turn your mx3 into a show car of course...but that's my opinion. plus it's going to be a b---- putting the suede on the dash without any air bubbles or wrinkles. suede wrinkles easily.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mattster

Post by mattster »

do you think you could really fit a PS2 in the glove box?? i would think that you would have to mod the box out a little...
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Do you really have people in the back seat often? Most of the people I know find my back seat way to cramped.

well i was thinking of doing the fiberglass dash but then i thought about it and i would get pissed off if i was driving down the road and blinded myself from the sun. but at the sdame time ive thought about the suede rinkling in the texas heat but im not sure. if i did id definitly get a warranty so if it does wrinkle it gets fixed for free. yeah you can fit a ps2 in the dash but at the same time it is going to take some modifications just like every other cars glove box. this way i can still lock it so it would be harder to steal. but im thinking of putting it in the glove box cause its hidden and im sure it can be done. well i donty have my back seat in right now just cause i dont have to worry about people riding in there cause i got a lot of s--- in the back. but yeah when i out it back it should be fine. the back is kinda small but at the same time it has a lot of room for such a little car. the prelude 1992+ doesnt have enough room in the back for s---. you have toi turn your feet just to get in with the seat all the way up. but yeah its got some pretty descent room in the back.<P>thanks for the replys and keep them coming.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

well if you plan on sueding the interior, at least try to pick a color that'll match well as a fabric...not saying that yellow is a bad idea...but yellow suede EVERYWHERE would be weird...something like gray everywhere would look ok...or make it a two tone with yellow and another color.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG>well if you plan on sueding the interior, at least try to pick a color that'll match well as a fabric...not saying that yellow is a bad idea...but yellow suede EVERYWHERE would be weird...something like gray everywhere would look ok...or make it a two tone with yellow and another color.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually I think that a yellow interior would be nice. I agree that there should be another color, maybe black fringe or something. I think his s---'s gunna look very good when it's done.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea as long as all the colors match, it's all good. i've seen an integra that was a pale yellow, light lavender purple, and lime green and it all matched beautifully...which surprised me.<P>maybe if you use something like yellow and green or yellow and white or yellow and black. if you use solid colors, make your other color a solid color. if you use a pale color, the other should be pale, and so on.
- team slideways

well i was planning on having bright yellow and then add complete black inserts in some places. i wouldnt do complete yellow. id get sick to my stomach but at the same time i think if i add some black itll come out really good. that way ill have some extreme bright and extreme dark in there together. none of this is anytime soon since i blew all my money on my motor. but should be in the next year or two. hopefully. thanks for the replies. but i figured ill go with black and yellow. since my cars black. well thanks and keep them coming. :)
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
gleichnerr

Post by gleichnerr »

I like the whole idea, except for the Yellow dash.<P>I would suggest making the TOP of the dash black for the following reasons:<P>-black looks cool with yellow and white<BR>-black cuts down on glare, on the inside of the windsheield. This goes double if you're thinking about shiny yellow (fiberglass).<P>But hey, like one of the others said - It's your car dude!<P>If you still want yellow, it may look even more "flashy" if you make the front edges of the dash yellow, while keeping the top black. A sort of 2-tone effect.<P>Just my $0.02 US worth
Ron Gleichner<BR>1992 GS<BR>Stock (at least, for now)<P>ZOOMX3
momo

Post by momo »

i love yellow. hey natural honda killer do you have any pics of your car ,i would love to see it. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shades

Post by Shades »

Take my advice and don't do what this guy did... =8D<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1818869826" TARGET=_blank>From another Post on MX-3.com</A>
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Oryuki

Post by Oryuki »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shades:<BR><STRONG>Take my advice and don't do what this guy did... =8D<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1818869826" TARGET=_blank>From another Post on MX-3.com</A></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>THAT, is the ugliest {EDITED} thing i have *ever* seen, ever. barr none. Thats revolting.<P>Ryan<P>{plz watch the language}<p>[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]

Return to “Appearance”