MX3 vs Dodge Neon?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
94mx3rsr

MX3 vs Dodge Neon?

Post by 94mx3rsr »

Which car do u think is faster in the 1/4 btw a dodge neon sohc and an mx3 dohc? Do you guys think i stand a chance against my friend's neon? <BR>
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96
94mx3rsr

Re: MX3 vs Dodge Neon?

Post by 94mx3rsr »

my car is a 4-cyl dohc by the way!
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96
DJ_X-ToNe

Post by DJ_X-ToNe »

assuming both are stock, id say the neon would win, cause there fast, i thnk around 150+hp, and there not too heavy, so id bet on the neon, 4-cyl arnt too fast, that may not sound too cool, but i mean of all the cars in its class, its speedly-ly impaired. By class i mean like preludes, crx's, eclipes, talons, civcs. So in a nut shell, i'd say neon.
93mx3

Post by 93mx3 »

The DOHC neons are 143HP, the SOHC are 128HP. Any how they both arent to sluggish if stock to stock race i would say the neon buy a little. If a slightly modified race,ex.exhaust,intake. I would say the MX3, 'cause in my experiance neons do not favor as well as MX's with just bolt on mods.<BR>Jim<BR>93 RS
93mx3

Post by 93mx3 »

Oh that is if the neon is a stick. My SOHC beats an auto SOHC Neon.<BR>jim<BR>93 RS
yeloboy

Post by yeloboy »

maaaaaan spank his american driving a--.dont ever let him even think he can hang with an import
INFAMOUS YELOBOY
DiGiTaL

Post by DiGiTaL »

You don't think American cars are fast??? Have you heard of a Viper? I'm sure it would stomp on plenty imports.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Well, if you want to talk about Vipers, lets go Vetts, they'll whoop a viper stock vs stock!<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SE-Man:<BR><B>Well, if you want to talk about Vipers, lets go Vetts, they'll whoop a viper stock vs stock!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Lay down the crack pipe and walk away. <P>Vipers frequently run 12's stock, which Vettes are almost always in the mid to high 13's. <P>That's why Vipers cost twice as much. <P><P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
DiGiTaL

Post by DiGiTaL »

Hehehe...
aka_yeloboy

Post by aka_yeloboy »

bla bla bla yeah americans are fast but they cant f--- with a skyline GTR stock(import)
aka_yeloboy

Post by aka_yeloboy »

ive' seen a twin turbo supra do a viper in the a** hole<P><BR>infamous <BR>yeloboy
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

Give me the Skyline in a second.. Then the Twin turbo SUPRA and then even a twin Turbo RX7 baby!!!
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

MotorTrend Mag. <BR>The 2001 Vett SV2 whooped the 2001 viper sport model hands down, as well as top-ending the Lamb. Dioblo. The Vett SV2 was named the fastest prodution vehicle. (besides all you ever here about is how the Viper sport modle outdoing the BASE model vett. their are other types)<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

opps, it was Car and driver not motortends. The SV1 and SV2 are the the faster models of the C-5 vett. Price check at the local dealer said the were asking about 70K for one, it will go 0-60 in 3.9 sec. (has the same turbo's the skyline GT-r has) The Vett 5.5 is supose to be even faster (it is supose to be a 2002 car and it won't have turbos!!!). The 2003 Viper RT/10 can only do a 4.0 0-60 with its "beefed" engine. So once more you can expect the viper to be slower. I know my supercars..... <BR>For thoughs that don't believe they should have it on their web page <A HREF="http://www.caranddriver.com" TARGET=_blank>www.caranddriver.com</A> <BR>:P<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”