G-Force kit

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx32nv

G-Force kit

Post by mx32nv »

Just wondering if anyone who has ordered this kit could give me some info on how it fits. Good? Bad? Is it something I could put on myself with a little know-how or should I just let the bodyshop put it on?<P>Thanks
Troy<BR>Richmond, VA
mx32nv

Re: G-Force kit

Post by mx32nv »

I'm in that group buy...just getting a bit anxious I guess. I'd like to try and have it on soon after I get it. My neighbor put his kit on himself and said it wasn't too bad.<P>Thanks
Troy<BR>Richmond, VA
mx32nv

Post by mx32nv »

I definatly won't be paiting it, that's for sure. My rear bumper is still cracked/dented/scratched from a previous accident ( hit-and-run ) and my previous attempts at romoving the rear bumper were un-succesful...basically I gave up when I could not figure out how to remove those damn plastic screw things.<P>I do know a friend that works at a local Chevrolet Bodyshop. They've repaired the MX before and I was very pleased with the work.<P>It seems that with this kit there will be a lot of paint involved, I'm wondering if it's worth while to just the whole car repaited at the same time??
Troy<BR>Richmond, VA
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

There is a small gap where the front of the hood meets with the bumber but other than that its perfect. For anyone in the ottawa area, there is an mx-3 with a g-force front bumber(mounted and painted) showing this weekend at speedorama at lansdown in the final lap booth.
mx32nv

Post by mx32nv »

Is there any place for a corner lens on the front bumper? I can't tell by looking at the pics I've seen.<P>This could be a minor set back for me because VA is very strict on things like that.
Troy<BR>Richmond, VA
mx32nv

Post by mx32nv »

Cool, now that's what I wanted to hear. I figured I might loose my clear sides, no big deal. I'll ask about having them put in if it's not a big hassle though.<P>Thanks
Troy<BR>Richmond, VA
justin h

Post by justin h »

Anyone who's getting the kit looking to sell their sideskirts?

Return to “Appearance”