Mazda Speed vs. Cocksport front

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DavePostle

Mazda Speed vs. Cocksport front

Post by DavePostle »

i noticed that there is a $400 difference between the 2 and they are the exact same thing... is the quality that much worse on the cocksport one or would people recommend buying it??
5spd_GS

Re: Mazda Speed vs. Cocksport front

Post by 5spd_GS »

ahem.. its CORKsport..<P>and CORKsport sells the mazdaspeed bumper as well as their own "version" of the mazdaspeed bumper, which , according to them.. "has all the same features as the original. The Mazdaspeed original (mx3-8-001) is of slightly higher quality but at much higher cost"<P>they may look the same, but in quality of materials they are most likely much different.. as in the mazdaspeed bumper will probably fit ALOT better on your car and will have fewer manufacturing defects in the materials, such as little knicks or scratches.<P>you be the judge, its your cash<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
DavePostle

Post by DavePostle »

haha.. oops... do you know how much you'd have to pay a mechanic to fit the front corksport bumber?
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

it wouldnt be a mechanic you would want to see.. maybe someone who knows a bit about body work though, <P>im not saying that the corksport WONT fit, it just might be a tighter/ more awkward fit...<P>the best thing to do would be to find someone who has that bumper... i know DJ PAWZ has the Erebuni bumper, which also has the same styling.. but he had trouble fitting it to his car..<P>maybe email corksport and ask them what the true differences are, probably will save you some time and possible $$..<P> :D
Calen Sansom
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

Why pay anyone when you can do it yourself. It aint that hard and common sense will get you by. I got the MS Corksport version of the nose and it was good quality. It fitted good with minor mods and painted up real nice. <BR> :roll:
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

i really like the look of that bumper<BR>.. think ill have to get one :)
Calen Sansom
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

hmm..maybe out off topic a little bit but ive heard that Mazdaspeed is going out off busniess...?? anyone know more about that ?<BR>the guys at my favorite speed shop told me that a couple week ago..!<P>héhé Cocksport ..!!
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i doubt that since mazda is coming out with a mazdaspeed division starting off with the protege.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
DavePostle

Post by DavePostle »

i have no experience in body work so i'm not gonna try and put the kit on myself.. so does anyone have an idea how much you'd have to pay someone to install the front, side and back?
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

mazda speed is no longer supported by mazda a company out of the phillipes took it over....that is what i heard<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Actually what I heard was that Mazda bought out Mazdaspeed. Mazdaspeed was its own company originally. It just made parts for Mazdas.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

The difference between the 2 bumpers is.<P>1. Quality, Corksports is much cheaper quality.<BR>2. Materials. the MS one is made of Urethane, the CS version is all fiberglass.<BR>3. Accessories. The MS comes with a grill, the CS does not. <BR>4. CS is just a copy of the MS one. They took a mold of the MS one, and just made it out of fiberglass. <P>For the price, you cant beat it. I have it. It has some flaws in it, but for the price, I can live with that.
Skiddy

Post by Skiddy »

My original impression was the MS nose would be urethane, but on corksports site, it says the nose is fiberglass. It would make more sense if the MS nose is urethane, but are you positive? If it really is urethane, i wish i would of bought it from corksport when they had a special on it a month or so back.
Skiddy
94' MX-3 RS Sparkle Green
Suspension Technique Springs
MS Style Nose
OEM Side Skirts
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Well Ive always understood that it was Urethane. I'd call and make sure though.<BR>Why else would it be 700 bucks. I know its limited stock and comes with the extras.
DavePostle

Post by DavePostle »

someone wrote that the ms front came with a grill but when i look at the pics i don't see one... are you sure it comes with one? and does anyone know how much you'd have to pay to have someone install it for you

Return to “Appearance”