Black Out Tail Lights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mazda20

Re: Black Out Tail Lights

Post by mazda20 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Esper:<BR><STRONG>nice wing! what kind/how much?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>RC Racing from JC Whitney I think it was about $109.00, all I did is take the center pieces that were real short and made some out of aluminum that were twice as long to give it a better look.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
kuviedog

Post by kuviedog »

Everything you've done looks great. <P>I see you've got the MSD ignition on yours which is something I'm working on right now. How did you mount the spark tower to the original style disty cap? That is the one thing that's giving me fits right now.<P>Thanks<BR>Michael
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kuviedog:<BR><STRONG>Everything you've done looks great. <P>I see you've got the MSD ignition on yours which is something I'm working on right now. How did you mount the spark tower to the original style disty cap? That is the one thing that's giving me fits right now.<P>Thanks<BR>Michael</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Damn, No I'm sorry this is another one of my typos this should be a future mod, not something I have done yet, but I have been researching this and if I remember correctly I read a thread here on this. Search for MSD Ignition
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Kick - How's the "how-to" coming along? I'm really looking forward to it! I'm tempted to go and buy the rear tint paint :)
Deano96GS

Post by Deano96GS »

Im awaiting the HOW TO AS WELL, i have a rough idea as to how i am going to do those lights, but i want to see how you did them<P>BTW, they resemble the rear lights to the later model RX-7s,<BR>they look TYTE<P>CIao
Deano, 1996 Black GS<BR>http://members.shaw.ca/mx-three
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Sorry No Pics I did this so quick I never made any pics, but you could do it without them.<P>1. Remove the taillights<BR>2. Put one taillight in the oven at 350 to loosen the glue (do not force them apart you will crack and break them)<BR>3. Once the glue is very loose begin to pull apart from the center working your way to the outside<BR>4. Do the same for the other light remember which goes to which light i.e. left, right<BR>5. Using wax paper and masking tape cover the wax paper sheet 81/2 by 11 sheet.<BR>6. Using a protractor figure the size you want for circles remember that the orange circle will be smaller than the other two because it has less area inside the plastic.<BR>7. Once you have the size create four circles on the wax paper for the red circles<BR>8. Use the protractor on wax paper and create two orange circles<BR>9. Cut on the circles with wax paper together be perfect cutting.<BR>10. Clean the inside of the plastic removing any dirt or grit<BR>11. Remove the masking tape from wax paper.<BR>12. Put the masking tape on the inside of the plastic “TAPE IT DOWN REALLY GOOD AROUND THE EDGES OF THE CIRCLES”<BR>13. Also mask the clear plastic so it does not get painted.<BR>14. Hint!!! Before beginning to paint it helps to use a floor heater to warm the plastic a little before starting to paint, it helps the paint stick really good.<BR>15. Paint the taillights…start with a little then darken as you go it is easier to put on than to take the paint off.<BR>16. Once dry completely 8 hours at least remove the tape.<BR>17. Using a sharp object fix any painted areas that should not have paint by scraping it off. Attention to Detail is the key.<BR>18. Heat up the oven for 350.<BR>19. Put one taillight in at a time to heat the glue real good.<BR>20. Put the plastic taillight and back together.<BR>21. Reinstall and ENJOY!!!
My MX-3 Website

Return to “Appearance”