Price for MX-3 GS (Houston guys read this)

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mxd

Price for MX-3 GS (Houston guys read this)

Post by mxd »

hi guys,
I found a 93 MX-3 GS with 112k on the engine, doesn't have any dents/rust, but has cracked windshield. It was driven by a lady for the last 5 years. she is asking US$2400 for it. The car is stock.
I am planning to buy for daily use without mods.<p>Do these V6's have any reputation for giving problems at 112k?. What do you think about the engine condition at 112k?, how many more miles can it run without much problems and with regular servicing. is it worth US$2300?<p>I don't have much clue about mx-3's GS engines. so please help me here.<p>any information is appreciated.<p>Houston guys: I need some help in inspecting this vehicle as I am a mazda noob. I can pay for your time. call me as soon as possible 318-243-6675. or give me your number i will call you.<p>
thank you.<p>[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: mxd ]</p>
andy

Re: Price for MX-3 GS (Houston guys read this)

Post by andy »

first thing I would want to see are the maintenance records and or reciepts of work done and regular service. the motor should be fine if, and thats a big if, the proper maintenance has been kept up.
most people with more than a 100k have already replaced the timing belt,distributor,water pump,
valve cover gaskets, o2 sensors,struts,brake pads,
and the list goes on.
The more of these that have already been done by the previous owner the better off your going to be in the long run.
Andy P. 93 GS 130k
Midnight.Son

Post by Midnight.Son »

I took a look at this car about 3 weeks ago when I started to look for my second mx-3. I was excited about it being a SE, but it has been in an accident. The frame is bent on it. Whatever body shop repaired did a horrible job painting it to try and cover the fact it had been hit.<p>My advise is to steer clear of this car.<p>Also, the tint is peeling, the dash is trashed, the console where the e-brake is at is broken, the seats were not taken care of, and the windshield wiper control is broken. (Had to go find my notes.)<p>[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: James O'Neill ]</p>
1994 Mx-3 RS Automatic & 1993 MX-3 GS manual
mxd

Post by mxd »

thanx for the info.
saved me a trip. ty.<p>i wonder why the accident hasn't showed up on the carfax report.<p>[ September 17, 2003: Message edited by: mxd ]</p>
Midnight.Son

Post by Midnight.Son »

You're welcome. Not sure why it doesn't show on the carfax. Repairs were probably under the table. Would explain the poor quality.
1994 Mx-3 RS Automatic & 1993 MX-3 GS manual

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”