aluminum wings

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
littleindianboy

aluminum wings

Post by littleindianboy »

I've looked everywhere and I can't find an application for an aluminum wing for my car. The surface space on the top of the hatch is too narrow for all the mounts i have found. In JC Whitney today I found an adjustable aluminum double wing by v-racing (konig). It appears that the mounting surface is much more narrow than the average wing, but will it work? Anyone have any other ideas? :p
DVH

Re: aluminum wings

Post by DVH »

i have an idea.........DON'T PUT IT ON!!!!! HAHAHA! JUS JOKIN, do it if u want man, but the ones i 've seen just don't look right!<BR>here's some pics, (you've probably seen them before) Image Image <BR> Image <BR>up to u man, do what u want...
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
solace

Post by solace »

I like the aluminum look on the white mx-3 in that pic but the question is, how did he/she do it? or do the mounts on that wing happen to be closer together? Also does it mount to the frame underneith the small piece on the rear of the hatch cause i noticed that piece can off pretty easy, especially with the downforce from a wing.
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Take a look at mine, I have raised it since these picks just check out the gallery on my website.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
solace

Post by solace »

Is that the same wing as the one on the white mx? It was kinda hard to see it on your page but looked good none the less. how did you go about mounting it? Thats my biggest question right now before i buy one and which one is the one on the white mx? looks kinds like the drag style mixed with a double gt.
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I bought mine from JC Whitney it is the VR Racing Wing. The best bet is to first mark where you are going put the wing right on top of the plastic piece. You then got to take off all the inside plastic so you can see the metal where you are going to drill. Make sure you dont hit anything while you drill through. Recommendation is to get some of that foam spray, so you dont crack the plastic because there is a gap between the plastic and the metal. Also you will need some clear silicon sealant for the drill holes on the inside and around the edges so no water leaks in. (That is my problem right now). Once all that sets then go ahead and drill your holes being very careful not to crack the plastic or scratch it. Now when bolting the wing just start with the bottom brackets and leave the rest of the wing for afterwards. Also be careful not to tighten down the bolts too hard because even after you reinforce the plastic to the metal there is a chance you can crack the plastic. Anyways tighten the bolts down with those aircraft nuts so any rattling will not loosen the wing and thats it. Put all the parts back in reverse order just in case your reading this like a manual. Just Joking.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
solace

Post by solace »

Thanks, i have it all figured out now just gonna take a little extra work. One last question for anyone reading this.....What wing is on the white mx-3 in that pic? I really like it but cant find it on the web anywhere, and if i cant find that one im gonna get the arospeed gt wing.

Return to “Appearance”