big project this weekend need some help

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MrsOzx

big project this weekend need some help

Post by MrsOzx »

I am doing all my interior this weekend and I need some imput on some dye. I got VHT vinyl-carpet, Plasti-kote Fabric color, Dupli-color high heat ceramic paint, Platinum Engine enamel, Krylon enamel (windshield wipers), and Plasti-kote candy apple red transparent paint (tail lights). Quite a project! But I am really cautious on doing my seats though. Has anyone actually done the seats? And if so did they turn out a little stiff? Ahhhhh! Im skeered!!!! :)
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Redline

Re: big project this weekend need some help

Post by Redline »

I tested that same dye (black though) on a wite T-shirt. After like 5 caots I let it sit for a day. Then tested it. Kinda stiff, not too bad, I could deal. Then I put it through the dyer. It faded the slightest bit. I was using that to determine what would happen in a hot car + friction. After that rubbing it made it fade even more. In the end it was a dark gray T-shirt that wasn't stiff anymore, but wasn't as even as I wanted it to be...just my expeirience with it. Maybe if will work better on stronger matterial on the seats. have fun :)
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

Good luck with the project. I just got done with part of my new interior. the only thing left is I have to find grey or aluminum colored vinyl for the inside section of the seat, and I'm done. What all are you painting??
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

everything.. Umm.. dash, seats, console, I am recarpeting the whole car, I am completely taking it apart under the hood and cleaning it then refinnishing it. And I could not decide what to do under the hood to give it some color (NOPI is now deducting points for colored tube and hose kits!!!) So I decided to paint a couple of things. You know a little accent... But not too outrageous! I am painting the windshield wipers, tail lights, and signal lenses. And last but not least I bidded on some 16' neepers on ebay but incase I dont win them I got stuff to refinnish my factory wheels. (I kinda broke myself with my kit, springs, intake, and new exaust!!)- Which by the lovley graces of ebay only cost me 150.00 for the complete cat-back with chrome tips. :D Such a beautiful thing. I also bidded on some Corbeau seats, but Some a hole bidds me out every time I put a new one in!!! Errrrr! :mad: Oh well it will still be pretty sweet when I am done!
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli

Return to “Appearance”