1.2.3.4.....5 questions!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
canadian_ice

1.2.3.4.....5 questions!

Post by canadian_ice »

Hi,<P>Got a BUNCH of questions for you guys. Would appreciate any help. They're all on appearance things, but differ widely...<P>-------<P>1. Painting the interior. What is the best paint to use, and what parts should I paint? I was thinking speaker covers, vents, main parts around the cd player. ('94 style interior)<P>2. Painting Rims. Is it best to take it to a shop to get this done, or can I do just as good a job? What brand paint should I use? I want them white.<P>3. I want to get clear lenses for the front. Should I order the side markers now, and get the turn signals later on? Or just hold on and order them all at once? (not much $$$ at the moment)<P>4. Headlight bulbs. Who makes the best XENON ones? (I want blue ones...but street legal)<P>5. What are LEDs? (I'm a dumbass!)<P>-------<P>Thanks alot everyone - if you can answer only one, I'd be greatful. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Redline

Re: 1.2.3.4.....5 questions!

Post by Redline »

Don't paint rims yourself. Tkae them to a shop that will powder coat them...
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

hey Redline <P>how much does it cost to powder coat your rims
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
Redline

Post by Redline »

I bought mine from Konig like that. I amnot sure how much it cost, some one i know did it for a friend for the cost of the paint and a little bit for the work about $100 for all the rims. It shouldn't be too much, its not that complex of a process, basically the rims are cleaned really well then eletrically heated (i think) then sprayed with the powerder coat. You can get a lot of different colors.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

down here, to powdercoat is about 75 per wheel. an electric charge is applied to the rim, then sprayed with the powder. it clings to the object. then a clear coat is sprayed the same way(if you didn't get the clear coat, it would be next to impossible to clean) then it's baked. you have to be careful though because people use different types. one guy i talked to said that with what he uses, the sun/heat turns the clear to a light yellowish color.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

LED = Light Emitting Diode......but im assuming that your talking about the LED washer nozzels which are basicly just washer nozzels with LED's built into them so that when you drive you have these two stupid stupid blue,green,red,white,yellow, whatever dots on your hood (sorry to anyone who has them or likes them, i have nothing against anyone who has them i just dont like them, personal prefrance)
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

This is a great website. It will explain what an LED is and how it works. I have learned a lot on this site. Hope this helps <A HREF="http://www.howstuffworks.com/led.htm" TARGET=_blank>www.howstuffworks.com/led.htm</A>
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Guys - actually I was referring to their use in vents and stuff. There's a post about it I think....?
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Bump! ;)<P>How do strobe lights work?
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Choclair says "Ladies like the bumpity bump bump". :D<P>Anymore opinions?
Gabriel Sandoval

Post by Gabriel Sandoval »

I disagree with using krylon. eventually it will peel off unless there is some special different one. i just painted the plastic parts of the inside of my 93 mx-3 i bought all the supplies from an auto paint store. they also had spray paint for wheels. the inside is easy. u buy this kind of sanding thing (not sand paper but its suppose to scrape the plastic) wax and grease remover and the spray paint. just sand lightly (youll know when) use the wax and grease remover and paint. Cost about $20 US in all. i dont know bout the wheel paint.<BR>n to finish it off u need the strobe lights. the ladeez love them strobe lights!
Babie I gots player in me
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Strobes in the headlights?

Return to “Appearance”