GS spoiler removal???

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Travis83

GS spoiler removal???

Post by Travis83 »

I just ordered an aluminum spoiler for my 92 GS, and was wondering if you guys thought that I should take off the little stock spoiler (How would I do this?), or if I should just mount my aluminum spoiler ontop of the old one. Thanks. :)
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
Sonicxtacy02

Re: GS spoiler removal???

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

personally i think it would look dumb having one spoiler on top of another. You need to get a hatch garnish and mount it on top of that
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

Whats a hatch garnish?
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

the little black piece on the back of the 4-cyl models. If you remove your GS spoiled more than likely you're going to need to buy one. they usually sell on here for 50 bucks. corksport has them too.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I know you said you have a 92 MX-3 but I thought I'd post this for anyone with a 94+ GS thinking of removing their rear spoiler.<P>Please keep in mind that when you remove the 94+ GS spoiler it will leave behind 2 small holes on each side, this is where the spoiler is partly attached to. This only applies to the GS 1994+<BR>You will need to weld those holes shut to prevent water getting inside.
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

So does anyone know how to remove the stock spoiler? Is it like glued on or something? :roll:
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

there should be 6 bolts holding it on. no glue or anything. to get at the bolts you have to take apart the interior right below the spoiler, inside the hatch. fairly simple once you get going on it.
jeepdave

Post by jeepdave »

i know its a shot in the dark but hey why not try i have a 92 rs and would love to have your spoiler if you want to give it away cheap e-mail me and let me know heel cant hurt to try desparks@mindspring.com [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
SLOW AND THE PISSED OFF<BR>(Take that Fast and the Furious)
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

I love the GS spoiler - I just put mine on 2 hours ago! I was thinking of tossing the garnish, but how much could I get for it do you guys think?<P>BTW - '94 RS...with GS front lip and spoiler. Man I wanted a GS :)
jeepdave

Post by jeepdave »

just a thought i'll trade you my garnish for your spoiler if your interested desparks@mindspring.com :D
SLOW AND THE PISSED OFF<BR>(Take that Fast and the Furious)

Return to “Appearance”