clearing up headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mazdamxstyle

clearing up headlights

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Ive heard many things about clearing up fogged/yellowish headlights to make them clearer and make your headlights look a lot better. One is turtle wax, but does anyone know what kind to use? Ive also heard that if your buffing your car just go ahead and use the stuff on the headlights to defog them is this true? are there any other materials/chemicals to get it looking like its brand new? also if anyone is going to do this stuff be careful of the little nipples on the headlights because they bend I heard. Thanks for your help fellas!
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
jrs1874

Re: clearing up headlights

Post by jrs1874 »

I swear by Mother's Aluminum polish. You can get it from Autozone for about 3 or 4 dolars. Just wipe in circular motions until your rag turns black then buff off according to how dingy your headlights are you may have to repeat the steps but it works really well.
Jason
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

Use a plastic polish for clear plastics can be bought at an auto store. I used turtlewax extreme 'cleaner - wax'. The liquid one in the green bottle and the lenses cleaned up fine. :roll:
Petty mx-3

Post by Petty mx-3 »

For cleaning my headlight i use a liquid compound with a polisher....and take 2 hours for the headlights....and after like a news...
david103

Post by david103 »

i've tried on mine as well. after numerous buffings, and hours of cussing, they're still yellow. i think the inside of the cover is the culprit. what's the best way to remove it without damaging anything? .. sometimes i wish i wasn't a car guy...<P>dave
BlueprintMX3

Post by BlueprintMX3 »

look check it out.. my headlights looked all yellowish and ugly looking. I just used the "KIT" scratch remover, (in a little yellow bottle from autozone. It costs like $2.99, and it works really good! just apply it in circular motions and let dry to a haze look, then just wipe out it will clear them of real nice.. trust me!
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

I used gt88 that stuff to remove small scratches in your paint and it worked great. any rubbing compound would work as well. <BR>The longer you buff the better it looks mine look like glass!
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

I used a 3M plastic polish that i bought at a performance store. Stuff shined em up really well

Return to “Appearance”